Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mickinson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 03:59 PM
    Is AT&T giving paid apps for free?
    Okay, so I have Samsung captivate and when I buy apps from the Android market with the payment method "bill to my at&t account", it doesn't add on my monthly at&t bill. Are the apps for free? Im kind of scared because they might be pilling up the bills and come out to a huge total.

Thank you for answering my question!
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 04:56 PM
    A lot of apps are free in the Android market. Are you saying that you are downloading apps that are for sale, getting that message and nothing shows up on your AT&T bill?

If you ARE downloading PAID apps, expect to pay at some point, whether AT&T takes another billing cycle to catch up or not, I wouldn't be downloading PAID apps unless you want to pay for them.

Have you gone through one complete billing cycle while downloading the paid apps?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Also, if you uninstall the app within a given amount of time (if I recall correctly, it is within 24 hours), you will be credited back for the price of the app.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 08:44 PM
    How long as it been from the download, has it been 90 days or more with no bill ?
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Sep 22, 2011, 02:35 PM
    I was under the impression that your card would be charged immediately after purchase. If for some crazy reason you are not getting charged for paid apps, then I def. wouldn't be complaining lol. AT&T has nothing to do with the Android market unless your buying an AT&T created app. The Android market is maintained and owned by Google inc.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by farvaknowsbest View Post
    I was under the impression that your card would be charged immediatley after purchase. If for some crazy reason you are not getting charged for paid apps, then I def. wouldn't be complaining lol. AT&T has nothing to do with the android market unless your buying an AT&T created app. The Android market is maintained and owned by google inc.
    If you are using the Android Market on a phone linked to an AT&T account, you have the extra payment option of billing to the account.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Sep 23, 2011, 05:48 AM
    Oh I see. My bad. I have Verizon, and I haven't got any paid apps in a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IPOD TOUCH APPS. I tap mY apps then the page goes blank and goes back to main menu! [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought an iPod touch 2days ago and I got a few apps and they worked the first day. Now every time I touch my iPod touch apps the page goes blank then goes straight to main menu. Anyone know how to fix this?

Free iPod nano 5th gen games and apps [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know any FREE and LEGAL websites to download free games or apps or music? Thanks! ;) PLEASE do not answer this question if the website is illegal. Thanks.

I accidentally pressed the Free Java Apps . [ 0 Answers ]

I accidentally pressed the FREE Java Apps on my phone . Now they keep on sending "Honey-190001554 " which contain some pervert video . How do I stop them . Cause they don't have any contact number and I can't reply to the message.. my money decreased a lot :(

View more questions Search