Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellemi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 06:48 PM
    My 10 month old maltipoo refuses to eat his dog food.
    My 10 month old maltipoo refuses to eat his dog food. A few weeks ago we left him with a relative for a week and he wouldn't eat for her. She gave him some of our food and now he refuses to eat his dry and canned food. Any suggestions?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 04:51 AM
    How long has it been? A healthy dog will not starve themselves for long. If you are concerned, you should take him to the vet.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 05:11 AM
    It could be stress from being left with family members, remember dogs don't know why you are leaving them and that you will return. Any disruption in a dogs routine can have many negative reactions. Not eating is a very common one. A healthy dog will not starve themselves. Rule anything medical out first and then chose a high quality puppy chow and put it down and walk away. If he doesn't eat the food, pick up the dish and wait an hour or so, put the dish down and repeat if necessary. Is your dog drinking water? Is she up to date with vaccines and worm treatments?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog will not eat his food unless I add a hard cooked egg to eat is that Ok [ 7 Answers ]

My dog will not eat his dog food (Beneiful healthy weight) He is approx 18 lbs I have tried everything Now I finally got a flat plate put his dog food and other little flavors added olive oil a touch he nibbles but when I add a hard cooked egg he eat it all. Is it healthy for a dog to have a...

My dog stop eating his dog food or drink but he will eat table food [ 6 Answers ]

Last week we took a long road trip and took our dog with us. On the trip he eat his food with no problems but we did give him table food at times. Now he will not eat his food unless it's mixed with table food and he will no drink from his water bowl. Can you help? Should I take him to the vet?

Dog refuses to eat dog food [ 2 Answers ]

My cross Alsatian rock weiller ***** has dicided not to eat dog food. Tried all sorts has always ate them until the last few weeks, will eat say couple of slices of cooked ham and odd table left overs, cornbeef fish. Will not eat dried dog food, any ideas?

My 9 months golden retriever refuses to eat his dog food [ 2 Answers ]

I used to feed him Royal Canine for his age (maxi junior), but all of a sudden he would not even touch that or any other dog food. He does eat any home food we would give him. Yet, we are not at all happy with what Happy (our dog's name) would eat.

3 month pup won't eat dog food [ 6 Answers ]

Got a 3 month old geman shep. Mix. She won't eat the iams puupy food that we bought her. I have tried everything from mix can food, adding cottage cheese, adding eggs and still won't eat. She will eat table scraps but don't want her to keep eatting this. I want her to eat her dog food. She is...

View more questions Search