Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Travishummer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 06:22 PM
    2006 f350 6.0 with no oil pressure and won't start
    This truck was used till the engine locked up from overheating. I bought it and installed a used engine out of a van. The engines was both P codes and there was a few items that had to be changed to make it work in the truck. After install and 15 qts of oil I started back tracking and can see that the oil filter housing is not filling up with oil and the gauge on the dash is not moving. I changed both oil pressure sending units and also changed the barrel valve and spring from behind the harmonic ballencer. Still can't get any oil to the top of the engine. Any help before I remove the engine again?
    thundermobilere Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

Sep 28, 2011, 08:44 AM
    Its your high pressure oil pump that has gone bad. Basically in the 6.0 model and other Power Strokes if your HP Oil Pump goes then you will not get any oil up top and your vehicle will not start. It's a safety device of sorts, because if it fails while driving it SHOULD shut the vehicle down. The 6.0 doesn't have feeder valves like the 7.3 does so that that eliminates having to pull the bottom end apart. The only other likely cause is that you did not fill the High Pressure Oil Pump with oil, try adding some oil to the pump and see if you can get it to start pumping oil, they sometimes also just need a good cleaning if they have been sitting for some time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 F350 no start after EGR and Oil cooler Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the EGR and Oil Cooler on a 2005 Ford F 350 with a 6.0 liter engine, After completing work!the engine won't start and all electrical wiring, injectors etc Is plugged in with oil and coolant in the system! Has anyone had or seen this issue before? Donald

Low oil pressure warning light comes on 2006 f350 ford 6.0 diesel [ 2 Answers ]

My low oil pressure signal appears on the dash the gausge drops to 0 at idle but goes back up when I rev the engine. I turn the engine off for a minute and restart the low oil pressure signal is gone and every thing looks OK for about 8 days and it will appear again turn engine off and it goes away

Losing oil pressure on a 06 ford f350 6.0 l diesel [ 1 Answers ]

The check gauges light has been coming on in my 2006 Ford F350 superduty, I have the 6.0 powerstroke turbo diesel. Sitting idel it's bottomed out, when you start driving it comes back up then loses it again... whats going on and how can I fix this??

2006 Ford F350 Diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know of any major problems with 2006 Foed F350 Diesel I am getting ready to buy one with 125,00 miles on it

How to locate and check oil pressure sending unit on 2006 kia rio [ 1 Answers ]

How to locate and check oil pressure sending unit on a 2006 kia rio

View more questions Search