Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pleiadi79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 04:26 PM
    Alternator fr signal
    I'm using a race ecu on my honda. I would know what to do with alternator fr signal. Can I ground it in order to have alternator always working? Or I must connect to the ecu? Fr signal comes out from alternator or from ecu?

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2011, 04:30 PM
    I would not ground it yet, I thought it may connect to positive? for full output?
    I would wait for a definite answer.
    You don't want it to be continious, you want it to stop charging when Battery is full, don't overcharge.
    pleiadi79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 12:13 AM
    Thanks!!

I'm not sure if it is possible to positive, I think the signal is a duty cycle square wave from ecu and its came from a comparison with eld ( electronic load detector):

From honda manual (I can post it) signal at 0 load is around 5v to that pin, but I don't understand if alternator generates it when running or is always a signal from ecu...

Thanks david

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How cell phone transmits and receives signal and transfers them into speech signal [ 1 Answers ]

How cell phone transmits and receives signal and transfers them into speech signal

Alternator smoking [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a 99 Nissan altima that has smoke coming out from under the hood. After letting the car sit overnight I tried starting it up again and it starts up just fine but there seems to be smoke coming out from the alternator. The smoke seems to be white and it took about 10 min...

Dodge alternator [ 2 Answers ]

My 2008 dodge ram truck's alternator does not move when I start my truck. It takes about 7 to 15 seconds and then the indicator moves on the gage into the range it's supposed to be in. Is this normal? My truck runs fine, just the gage is slow.

Alternator maybe [ 5 Answers ]

This morning the Toyota echo barely turned over. Was running OK the day before.. put the battery charger on it. Starts OK. But had similar problem in 2005. Alternator Was bad and was replaced. Could the alternator go bad that fast? No warning lights. Had the same problem in 2005. Alternator...

Alternator replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 99 Ford Explorer V6 Auto with Air and want to check the output of the alternator -where and how with a meter? Also is the alternator drive belt on the serpentine belt ? Is it easy enough for a guy handy with tools to do ? Tks. Dave.

View more questions Search