Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dani_gurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 04:06 PM
    16 with a 20 yr old boyfriend.
    I'm in the same boat I'm 16 about to be 17 and my boyfreind is 20... my mom approves of it but my step dad don't so can he do anything?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2011, 04:23 PM
    What state are you in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2011, 04:24 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Are you in TX also?

But yes, there are things your stepdad can do until you are 18.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 04:28 PM
    Your step dad has no legal standing in this, since he has no legal relationship to you. He could have course report that he suspects sexual contact between you.

But that will depend on where you live, In states where a 16 year old has age of consent, there is nothing he can do.

If your mom or bio dad did not agree even if above the age of consent, there are things they can still do using other laws that restrict other adults having control over you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

Confused feelings about current boyfriend,ex boyfriend [ 27 Answers ]

Okay background story, My ex and I dated for a little over 2 years, I loved him so much and he was faithful and good to me. The problem was that he wasn't as outgoing in a sense as I was, and he wouldn't take me out, I mean he took me out every weekend, but it wasn't to do like new stuff, stuff...

View more questions Search