Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauljoseph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 03:07 PM
    DUI in ontario but from quebec
    Hi Everyone:

I know it was stupid. I'm not going to say anything other than that.

I got arrested for a DUI this past weekend (1.2 over) in ontario. I am living and my license is in quebec. I am going back this coming Monday for court in Ontario. I'm trying to figure out how it works as I live and my license is in quebec but I was out of province.

I am going to plead guilty. I have also read and see it is a 90 day suspension and then if the court does not add on more time to it - I can get the interlock system etc etc - however, I am wondering if I have to do this in Ontario, or in quebec? Because I'm doing this between provinces I am confused what to do?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Do what in Ontario or quebec ?

Your license will be suspended, it is suspended everywhere.

If you live in a specific place, if you have to do community service or interlock or other things, your attorney ( assume you will have one) will arrange for it all to be done where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in Ontario and got a DUI charge in Quebec, what will happen? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I got arrested while in vacation in Quebec driving my friend car and they charged me with a DUI. They seized the car for 30 days but they did not suspend my license. My first court day is in October. Here are my questions: - What happen if I do not show up to court at all? - What...

Ontario lic DUI in Quebec... Suspended or not? [ 9 Answers ]

I was driving in Quebec I was pulled over in a driveway and later charged with DUI. In quebec it is immediate 3 month suspension of lic guilty or not. I have not been convicted of DUI just charged it will be a 1 1/2 before is see a court room (Not to go into details but I am fighting this) I...

Ontario & Quebec SOL [ 1 Answers ]

Very helpful conversation. Thanks to all who participated. I see that this chat is a few years old. I'm in a similar situation, and just wanted to know if this info was still current. Any help, would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Quebec says my Ontario licence is nogood but Ontario says its good? How's that? [ 0 Answers ]

I got pulled over in Quebec 2 times this summer, the police tell me my licence is no good and gave me a fine, seized my truck. After the first time I checked and Ontario said they were good so I thought Quebec must have made a mistake and drove there again to find the police behind me ,telling me...

DUI in Quebec, Ontario license [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got pulled over in Quebec, and blew over the legal limit. I was charged with DUI, and 90 day driving suspension. I also have a court date in a month or so. They did not take my license away. I have an ontario license, does that mean my drivers license is suspended in ontario?

View more questions Search