Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jobink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Block of metal has a width of 3.2 cm, a length of 17.1 cm, and height of 5.9 cm. Its
    Block of metal has a width of 3.2 cm, a length of 17.1 cm, and height of 5.9 cm. Its mass is 1.4 kg. Calculate the density of the metal
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 09:05 AM
    Density is calculatd by dividing the mass of an object by its volume. You know the mass of the block of metal (1.4Kg), so all you need to determine is its volume. Do you know how to calculate the volume of a rectangular block given its length, width, and height?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is more than 1/2 the length,length=? Widt [ 1 Answers ]

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is 2m more than 1/2 the length, what is the length and width of the pool?

What length of metal do I cut to lower my honda 1-2 inchs? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to remove the strut also, but I tried doing it and it was hard to get out. AND when I do get it out, what are some lengths that I should cut the metal on the coil springs to make Honda's ride height 1-2 inches lower?

Trigonometry- height & length apart [ 3 Answers ]

I really don't get this:S A video camera is mounted at the top of a 120m building. When the camera tilts down 36(degrees) with the horizontal, it views the bottom of another building. If it tilts up at 47 (degrees) to the horizontal, it can view the top of the same building. a) How far apart are...

Length and width of rectangle elimination or substitution [ 4 Answers ]

The perimeter of a rectangle is 60 inches (let the length be l and width be w). We then took half the length and also doubled the width and kept the perimeter equal to 60 inches. Write and equation for the perimeter of the first rectangle and combine like terms. Then do the same for the perimeter...

View more questions Search