Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krdjcd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Numb tongue?
    I am a 47 year old female and frequently have a tingling sensation on the left side of my face, lips and tongue. This comes and goes through out the day and has been going on for the past couple of months. I do see the dentist regularly and am treated for high blood pressure. Any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 12:04 PM
    We can't diagnose on AMHD, but would advice you to seek immediate medical attention. A tingling tongue, accompanied by the same sensation on the left side of your face and lips, has very little to do with oral hygiene, but is related to strokes and nerve damage.

Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition

In some cases, tingling tongue may be a symptom of a life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have any of these life-threatening symptoms including:

Change in level of consciousness or alertness, such as passing out or unresponsiveness
    Change in mental status or sudden behavior change, such as confusion, delirium, lethargy, hallucinations and delusions
    Fecal incontinence (inability to control stools)
    Garbled or slurred speech or inability to speak
    Head injury
    Numbness or weakness on one side of the body
    Paralysis or inability to move a body part
    Sudden change in vision, loss of vision, or eye pain
    Swelling of the tongue, face or lips, with difficulty breathing or swallowing
    Uncontrollable movement
    Urinary incontinence

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numb tongue? [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes I wake from sleep and my tongue is numb for awhile

My tongue is numb! [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 34 year old women, and for the past 2 or 3 days my tongue has been really numb. I have no idea why and its not affecting anything like my taste or voice but I want to know why my tongue is numb and what causes it?

Tongue numb during exercise [ 1 Answers ]

I am 23 years old. 5' 9" and 206 pounds. In the past week I have quit smoking and am using chewing tobacco only when cravings are real bad. I also have started going back to the gym on a regular basis. I went 6 days out of my first week. Today I went to go for a run and my tongue became like tingly...

Numb tongue and fingers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, For the past week I have been experiencing numbness at the front of my tongue before I go to bed (even if I don't brush my teeth, so I don't think it's the toothpaste) and my tongue is even more numb when I wake up. For the past 3 days my pinkie fingers have also been getting...

View more questions Search