Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Sep 5, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Medical Cost
    My friend came to visit from another country; she got sick here and is coughing with green phlegm and a little blood; now she is hoarse. She feels a little malaise. Does anyone know if she will be seen at Patient First without insurance and how much will it cost?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 10:27 AM
    I think it would be pay up front basis, and if this is the case, then there would be no problem with having her seen. Did she not get any kind of medical travel insurance? That would have been the wise thing to do.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 05:01 PM
    I have no idea who "Patient First" is, nor do I know what country you are in, Canada ? France ? US ?

Here there will be ER's that accept federal funds that can not turn you away if you can not afford to pay.

There are First Response type clinics where cost is 100 to 200 dollars and up depending on what has to be done.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 09:49 AM
    I do know what patient first is, and tick is right, you have to pay up front if you don't have any insurance.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 09:50 AM
    And, depending on where she is from,they may not see here due to infectious disease concerns... they would refer her to an ER with proper containment facilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of goods sold for a medical practice [ 1 Answers ]

What is included when calculating COGS in a medical practice?

Cost of medical for visa [ 5 Answers ]

I have a girl I want to bring from Ghana and she has passport but no visa and I need to know if anyone knows the cost and what medical they need to get visa to USA Thanks for any help with this.

Medical Cost [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any studies on Why Small Businesses are looking for alternative medical insurance solutions to BCBS of Michigan?

Cost and starting up a Medical Uniform store [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a new business in opening up a Medical Unform store in the north Georgia area. I would like to know about how much it costs to start up a store which includes the clothing, shoes, and other supplies needed to sell to the buyers. I am not interested in the rental cost...

View more questions Search