Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toooldforthis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 12:42 AM
    I want to be a priority not an afterthought
    I've never been a priority to this man... he's always trying to fix his faults but keeps putting his foot in his mouth. I'm sick of the X wife and I'm sick of his long time female friend. He's always making these women a priority. Now I don't want to touch him or him touch me cause he's made me feel less than a priority .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 09:11 AM
    He is fixed, at least the fixed he wants to be, He is exactly like and doing what he wants.

Your choice is to accept this, or move on.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 10:22 AM
    How long have you been involved with this man? Was it like this before you started seeing him?

You said that he is trying to fix his faults. Does he see this a 'fault' which he needs to change or is this something you have decided he needs to change?

If you are trying to change him it isn't going to work. If he sees them as priorities then you know where you stand. It is up to you to make changes in your own life to make and keep yourself happy.

Could it be possible that you are too involved in his life and he sees no reason to make the changes you think he should? Do you have friends or interests which give you some time away from him and the relationship?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooldforthis View Post
    I've never been a priority to this man...he's always trying to fix his faults but keeps putting his foot in his mouth. I'm sick of the X wife and I'm sick of his long time female friend. He's always making these women a priority. Now I don't want to touch him or him touch me cause he's made me feel less than a priority .
    Then its time to go and rebuild a life without him in it!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Show him the door.
    We all deserve fulfilling relationship based on love,honest communications and respect.

These qualities are sadly lacking here.

Dump him!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2011, 03:40 PM
    He isn't good for you. How long have been w/him? Did you know about all of this drama before?

Stop making him your priority, if you aren't his.

I say lay it on the line, once & for all, or split. My guess is that he isn't willing to make you #1.

Maybe later you can find someone that can treat you as you deserve.

Be more selective next time.

Toooldforthis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 03:53 PM
    A little B4 May... but in the end of June is when I noticed the X was the priority. Says he doesn't know better and to help him do rift by me. I just don't feel like dealing w/ someone that doesn't even have common sense enough to know how to get a relationship to work and how to destroy one. Thanks for all the inputs.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2011, 04:02 PM
    "Says he doesn't know better"

I guess he's right. But you know better, now.

Exit. Go NC.

Let him get over his ex.

Now you can over yours.
    blueiris982551 Posts: 20, Reputation: 16

Sep 9, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Then don't make him a priority plain and simple. Don't give more than he's willing to give. We don't fall in love based on what someone does for us. We fall in love based on what we do for someone else. Get out there and start dating others. If you're unhappy take action and move on.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Then what is the problem? Leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am low a priority to her [ 10 Answers ]

Im just wondering... My GF I have been with for over 3 years has been confusing me lately. We use to be so good together but lately she never seems to want to be with me on holidays. The first two new years she's been spending it with me but she didn't look so happy. So I let her spend it with her...

Space priority [ 4 Answers ]

Hello new the forum I have a question about sharing space (rooms) we have a blended family, she has 2 twins 9 yo a boy and a girl, I have a 14yo girl. The twins shared rooms up until we married 4 years ago, after marriage we put the girls together and the boy got his own room. My daughter now...

Boot Device priority [ 3 Answers ]

I need to formatting of my PC due to virus attack but when I'm entering the setup, I unable to select the boot device priority. Both HDD & CD/DVD ROM selected at the same time. Therefore I got trouble to boot from CD. Help me out.

IP priority [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all Good afternoon , how we priority for IP , i.e I have some IPs Going through specific interfaces , I want to give some priority For some IP on other Useful information : router model :CISCO7606 ...

View more questions Search