Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwiRusher93 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 07:09 PM
    I like my manager.
    So I just started working at this new place. I kind of like my manager he isn't that much older then me and he never talks to me unless its something work related. Im too shy to start a conversation with him because I don't want him to find out I like him. I would rather he makes the first moves. I know you shouldn't date your managers but I like him a lot. I haven't felt this passionate about someone in years. I was in a two year relationship and haven't liked anyone in over a year he was the first one so far that I've seen that seems great. I would like to know how I could tell if he feels the same and is just shy or if he just isn't interested without asking him
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2011, 07:13 PM
    What is your work places policy about dating in the workplace?

I wouldn't recommend dating in the workplace in general, and especially not a manager.
    djwdub Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 08:13 AM
    If he's a good manager he will never make a move. If you really like this guy, the only thing you can do to move it along is quit and then approach him outside of work. If you don't want to do that, it's time to move on. Sorry, not the advice you want to hear but is best for both of you. If you start something inside work, it's very likely that he would get into trouble and most likely lose his job.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Correct, a good manager will not "make a move" no matter if he likes you or not. And if you make a move he will reject it.

And of course if you did date, he could no longer manager you, so you would have to go to a different department, a different shift, or move to another place to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I really like my manager [ 46 Answers ]

Ahhh, this has been driving me nuts for awhile now, because I have such strong feelings for my manager. He is 33 and I'm 18 :(. We are constantly flirting with each other, and he waits for me after work every night and follows me half way home. He is extremely nice to me, and always wants me to...

The Manager [ 2 Answers ]

A new manager spends a week at his new office with the manager he is replacing. On the last day the departing manager tells him, "I have left three numbered envelopes in the desk drawer. Open an envelope if you encounter a crisis you can't solve." Three months down the track there is a major...

The Manager [ 2 Answers ]

My manager was recently let go from his job, for allegedly grabbing another employee by her waist and then touching her. He didn't do it, and she has no proof that he did, so when he wins in court, will the owner of the business and his employees have to give him his job back? By Tennessee law,...

View more questions Search