Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brian1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Liner will not stay in the coping?
    Hi my name is Brian. I have a Inground pool which I purchases in 1985 and I had the vinyl liner replaced about 3 years ago, for some reason the liner does not want to stay locked into the coping in different ares of the pool now. What causes this to happen considering I never had this problem with the first liner ? I now am not able to put the sections back in the coping. I have asked around and have been told to do different things like boil water and pour it on the on the sections in question so they can be stretched back in place. The problem is what is causing the liner to come out in the first place. NO one is willing to answer that question.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2011, 07:57 PM
    Sounds like the liner is not right for your pool or is just a bit off. Did you buy the liner from the same place/manufacturer you got your pool from?
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Sep 5, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Go to your local pool store/internet and get something called liner lock and install it, put the liner back into the groove where it normally sits and the liner lock gets pushed down into the same groove so that when the pool fills back up and the liner tries to pull back out it pulls against the liner lock and tightens itself down preventing it from pulling out. As to why it is pulling out it could be that the liner is slightly to small for the pool size and when it gets full of water it may not have enough slack to settle out and instead pulls out of the track, or it could be that the sand bed/ground underneath the pool should be raised due to erosion taking away some of the height.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inground swimming pool liner coping [ 2 Answers ]

I just had my inground swimming pool liner replaced in June 2008. Today I just saw a side in the shallow end that my liner is coming off the wall. I contacted the pool service that replaced my liner and they said that was due to coping. They also told me that this is not covered under warranty. ...

Liner badly coming away from coping [ 5 Answers ]

I have an inground pool and I replaced the liner myself about 10 years ago. The liner is now badly pulling out of the coping. I have tried pulling it up and snapping it in and have done it in the past in small amounts. Am thinking I should drain some water and try again. They make a plastic...

In round pool liner beading and coping [ 1 Answers ]

I uncovered my in ground pool to find the liner beading has come away from the pool wall groove in several spots around the pool. Is there a way to repair this ? Thanks

Pool Liner Coming Off Coping In Small Area [ 1 Answers ]

I have an in ground (32X16 Rectangular) pool and noticed that there is an area about 6 to eight inches of the liner that detached from the coping in the shallow side. The pool is only five years old and I was wondering if I could fix it myself. The liner has a slot in it that slides over a rail in...

Inground pool liner and coping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is JAMIE I live in LEWISTON MAINE and new to havivg a pool The coping is pulling away from the pool wall and in one place the coping has snaped the screwheads off that holds the coping to the poolcan anyone help me on this??

View more questions Search