Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2011, 09:32 PM
    My wrist hurts and I don't have a brace what do I do ?
    I fell and hurt wy wrist and I need to know what I need to wrap it in I have tried ice heat and pressure. I am 13 years old and I need to know what to do. HELP ?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2011, 09:41 PM
    How long has it been injured? How to treat it depends on how bad of an injury it is. It may just require rest. Or if it's a more serious injury you may need to see a doctor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 4, 2011, 05:07 AM
    If your parent(s) won't take you to have it looked at, go to the school nurse. It may just be a sprain or it may be a torn tendon or there could even be a bone chip. The most common wrist injury is falling on the flat of your palm with too much angle of the wrist. Ice is applied first to reduce swelling, and then moist heat, like a heating pad with a wet washcloth. If you don't have one, soak in a bowl of hot water as often as you can. Any drugstore has various ace bandages or better yet, a wrist one piece bandage. It will feel a lot better when held in that way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 05:28 AM
    Have you shown it to your parents

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore throat and itchy ears and it hurts really hurts been having a cough and mucus [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sore throat and been having itchy ears and I'm starting to get mucus and my throat feels swollen, what can I do I have amoxcillin.. will it help me out with my sickness? And I sneeze a lot. Its been going on for two days.

Sore throat and itchy ears and it hurts really hurts been having a cough and mucus [ 4 Answers ]

It started with just a sore throat and the next day it was again sore but now it started to hurt when I swallow, now my ears have been itching and so does my throat and there is pain. On my right ear I really can't hear and my throat is really red and I feel it swollen like if its going to close,...

I had brace and now they are off and I have a hole in my tooth. What can I do? [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for over 3 years and when I got them off I noticed that a couple of my teeth have holes in the top but the braces were not on that part of my tooth. I don't know how that happened. The ortho. Said he could not fix it and that I would have to get it fixed somewhere else. What do I do?

Best back brace? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 degenerative disc in my lower back a small spir at my hip and the on set of arthritis in my lower back I am a truck drive and do some bending and lifting in my job but mostly it's the compression of sitting and bouncing in the seat that is the issue. Does anyone have first hand advice as...

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

View more questions Search