Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Njerishe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2011, 06:29 PM
    Why does a bottled carbonated beverage fizz when you take the cap off?
    Why does a bottled carbonated beverage fizz when you take the cap off?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2011, 03:05 AM
    The carbonated beverage contains carbon dioxide gas dissolved in it and much of the gas was made soluble into the beverage thanks to pressure. As soon as you open the bottle, there is a decrease in pressure in the bottle and the solubility of the gas immediately decreases (less gas is soluble in the beverage) and hence, you see the bubbles coming out. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bottled-Up Boyfriend Exploded [ 15 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for about a year and a half and we're both in our late twenties. We have a very loyal, loving and affectionate relationship, but like any relationship we have problems and there comes a time when they bubble over and everything needs to be re-evaluated. I am mainly...

Bottled water [ 44 Answers ]

Am I the only one who still chooses tap water over bottled water? Not that I won't drink a bottled water, it's just I don't like paying a soda price for a bottled water, tap water to me taste just as good. And hold on to your hats health nuts --- I don't have a house filter either... nope,...

Plumbing Carbonated Water [ 1 Answers ]

If a carbonated Beverage machine has a backflow condition, what does the carbonated water do to the copper water lines?

Run cap and Start cap values for GE 5KCP39KG 5177AS [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I am trying to fix an old Goettl gas pack unit. It worked fine till 2 weeks ago. Now it starts normally with colder air for like 4-5 minutes then it sends inside warm air , no cooling . From outside I can see the condenser fan blade starting to rotate for those 4-5 minutes , low RPM...

Benefits of Carbonated Water [ 2 Answers ]

Are the health benefits of Sam's Club Carbonated Flavored Water the same as regular water like flushing out waste and better skin? :)

View more questions Search