Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PinkDove4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Should I try again or just let him go?
    I'm pretty sure he liked me, & I still like him. But I deleted him on Facebook. (It was Irrational and I was having a really bad day)... I think he got mad. We haven't talked since(1 month), should I try starting a conversation by texting him again or should I just move on?

I don't want to let him go, but I don't want to chase after a guy who hurt my feelings before.

OUr history - I think we both had a crush on each other. He's screwed me over in the past, and I've hurt his feelings in the past, but we've somehow always found a way to get past it. I feel like this time, if I don't start contact we'll officially be done (not that we were ever together) He was never my boyfriend. Just a guy who was like a friend

I wanted to text him and just ask how he's been, but I'm so scared he'll ignore the text. I know I'll be crushed if he doesn't respond. I feel like I was the one to decided to end our friendship (by deleting him as a friend) Do you think are friendship then is officially over?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 3, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Makes no sense to chase someone who isn't chasing you, and reconnecting again starts the same dance over again. Look, you both have hurt each other enough, so it makes sense to focus on other things, and other people for fun activities for now.

You had a hard time being friends, so I wouldn't expect more than passing acquaintances. Hard to even be friends when you really want more than that. He doesn't seem to be as concerned as you are so why push it?
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2011, 06:21 PM
    I agree with Tal. Its time to move on and stop dwelling on him. It doesn't sound like you had that great of friendship if all you did was mad each other so angry that it caused hurt feelings.
    Alexandra12 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2011, 07:43 AM
    No its not over try talking to him do try
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2011, 07:45 AM
    It does not make sense chasing after somebody that you were never in a relationship with in the first place.

So yep, time to let this one go. Honestly it was not going any where anyway.

No more Facebook, no more texting... No more contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search