Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shadow73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 08:50 PM
    I have water stains on my ceiling.
    I have water stains on my living room ceiling on the exterior wall. I have been in the attic and found that there is no vapour barrier above the living room and that the insulation is pushed up against the roof by the exterior walls blocking the air flow from the soffits. There is pink insulation with the "paper" backing covered with loose insulation. There is approximately 12" of insulation in the middle of the ceiling - at the exterior walls, the insulation is only around 4-5" due to the low slope of the roof. During the winter there is condensation on my windows thruout the house. Water will be pooled at them, and ice on the windows in the morning. I live in Saskatchewan Canada, the winters get COLD. What could be causing this - no airflow in the attic and too much humdidity in the house? Do I need to install a vapour barrier - and if so, can you use a paint on vapour barrier or should I pull the ceiling and install a new vapour barrier? I plan on fixing the airflow problem for the soffits. Any help is appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Water on floor no ceiling stains where is the water coming from [ 3 Answers ]

Water on bathroom throwrug, no ceiling stains cracks etc. Attic over bathroom no leaks in plumbing under vanity sink or toilet. Where did the water come from?

Water stains [ 1 Answers ]

A clean water flood left water stains on barn board paneling. How do I remove the stains?

Water stains on concrete hearth [ 3 Answers ]

Our fireplace has a black concrete hearth. There are several white water stains on it that we would like to remove or cover. There is also a set of small dark hand prints on it. What can we do to restore the hearth to solid black? The home was constructed in 2007.

How to Remove Water stains on barnboard [ 1 Answers ]

I had a flooded basement & the barnboard wall on the bottom got all water stained in a dark color.Can someone tell me how I can remove these stains.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.