Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ourana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 11:56 AM
    Non custodial Parent's SSDI Back Pay
    I have a court order against the non custodial parent and he now owes a sum of 50.000. I have not collected any child support in three years and we just recently went to court, where I was informed he was collecting SSDI, and that he protected my son and his other child on the ssdi app. Come to find out he did not include my son... just his other child... which all the back pay went to her and my son got nothing... first I was told from the SS office that because he did not secure my child on the app. They could only go back 12 months, now their saying there will be no back pay awarded because he protected his daughter on the ssdi app. Can they do that? That seem extremely unfair, he has only two children with my son being the oldest, and he seems to have lied in court by telling everyone that he did include my son... I have been awarded monthly childsupport from his SSDI which is less than the court order... something doesn't seem right.. any help!
    RavenWolf1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2011, 05:36 AM
    Contact an attorney. I believe as long as you have a court order for child support and you have continued to provide information to SSDI regarding the fact that he paid, didn't pay... etc. and as long as you are willing to pursue the matter, and have pursued the matter, I believe he MUST pay. Stay on top of it. I still have not collected a full year of child support and I have been divorced for 15yrs. But... that does not mean he can neglect his duty and responsibility to your child. NOTE: According to the paw in my state, the state can only withhold 20% of his income. So don't expect the full payment if he's not making a lot of money. Your child will most likely only receive 10 of that 20%. Get a court order if you don't already have one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my ssdi back pay be taken cause I owe property taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

If my mortgage is in default, and I am doing a shot- sale to avoid foreclosure can they take my SSDI back payments cause I owe back property taxes?

Is SSDI back pay taxable income? [ 9 Answers ]

Received back pay from SSDI in 08, but some of that money was for 07. Is that money taxable? If so does it all get claimed for 08 or does something have to be done for 07 taxes? Receive monthly SSDI, no other earned income. I do receive money monthly from a LTD policy that has already been...

How is SSDI calculated for back pay benefits for children [ 2 Answers ]

I get SSDI. I was approved in 4/2009 and was determined disabled as of 7/2005. In 6/2009 I applied for child benefits. If I am approved will they get back pay? If yes what date do they calculate the back pay? As of 7/2005 the date I was found disabled? As of6/2009 the date I applied for child...

View more questions Search