Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
    How did the old man do it?
    There was a 80 year old man. That got a credit card with no interest
    For the first 12 months. He wrote himself a check and deposit the money
    In very high yield investments. At the end of the year he paid back the
    Credit card and made a few hundred dollars.

First he had to make the miniumum month payments to his credit card.
    . Secondly how did he get the money out of the credit card. Credit card checks are like getting a cash advance very expensive. I don't think
    He did that.

I don't see how he did it, and make any money??
    Tallarin Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Actually, this is easy... If you have good credit - which he obviously did, every once in a while you get offers in the mail for credit cards with balance transfers at 0% for one year or cash advances under the same offer. There are some fees and there are two variations one of the is 3% of the WHOLE amount or 3% of the whole amount up to a maximum of $75.00 (which is the better deal if you borrow more than 2500.00 ).

And yes, he probably had to make the minimum payment on the credit card but that is not a lot and he probably had the money in reserve to do that. At the end of the offer period, you pay it back and all it cost you was the fee. Even at 3% if his investments made him 9% or more, he still made money on the deal.

So that's how he did it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I have been with my man for almost six years. We have a house in PA but he works in NY. I only see him on the weekends , sometimes a day in the week. There has been time he spend with me on holidays etc... but my question is I go through his phone and I always find numbers from girls...

Married man [ 18 Answers ]

I am involved with a married man & I love him so much. When I am alone or on the phone I say I will give up. But from the moment I see him he just start making mad love to me. No one ever make me feel like that. His marriage has been rocky for the last 3 years and I don't want it to be my fault....

Married man [ 8 Answers ]

I have been dating a married man I didn't even know he was married at first , I am having trouble getting out of this relationship. I can never call him , he calls me from blocked numbers, I never see him on weekends or holidays , he crys when I try to break it off, he makes up elaborate lies for...

She has a man but does she like me [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm 18 and there is this girl I met about two weeks ago. She and her boyfriend had broken up and we hung out. I called her the other night and she said she wanted to hang out but her friend was real mad and she decided to chill with her she called me and said she was really sorry and...

Should a man be in control [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am new and really appreciate your help:).. I have just started having sex a couple months ago w/ my boyfriend. I am no longer with him but I was still curious about this issue. This question is more geared towards males but I would be glad to get a response from either sex. My...

View more questions Search