Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spockplus4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Plumber or Septic Guy?
    While taking a shower after a few minutes the sink will make noises and then the toilet will gurgle and threaten to fill up with water. Usually at that point the shower drain will stop draining and water will build up in the shower. Once I turn the shower off everything drains (slowly) and the noises end.
    No similar issues with the other bathroom. Both are on the same septic line.
    Spock
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Plumber, sounds like your vent stack may be clogged and maybe the drain too. If you want we can help you rod it if you are at all handy
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 03:21 PM
    Well, I would also say plumber. However, if you know of a company in your area that pumps septics and does drain cleaning, I would go with them. Really sounds like a partiall drain clog, but Ive seen full septics/ fualty drainfields do this to.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 1, 2011, 07:23 AM
    hile taking a shower after a few minutes the sink will make noises and then the toilet will gurgle
    It's a no brainer! Gurgles indicate a vent that's blocked. The sound you hear is the fixture venting itself by pulling air through the water in the trap. Like the other experts if you call in outside help it should be a plumber and not a septic tan k company. But hold on for a minute! Simply telling you to "call a plumber" isn't the Pumbing Page function. If it were we could answer all our questions with, "Call a Plumber".
    This is a self help, do it yourself operation. The people that use us don't want to have to pay the high cost of "calling a plumber.
    Let me show you how to solve your problem.
    Your lavatory roof vent's clogged. You can rent a sewer machine at your local Home Depot or Rent All.
    Locate the lavatory roof vent and feed the snake all the way to the base and 16 feet more. That's all there is to it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Leach Bed Leaks Back into Septic Tank [ 15 Answers ]

Every time we get a heavy rain I get water coming from the leach bed back into the septic tank. Is there a check valve that can be installed to prevent this from happening or any other suggestions? I have been told that a curtain drain would help, but that is costly.

Septic scam or septic savior? [ 36 Answers ]

Hi all- A salesman from Septic Savior called me this morning trying to sell septic tank additive to combat the effects of petroleum found in shampoo, toilet paper, etc. He said that over 470,00 systems had failed in the past year due to government mandated changes in manufacturing which removed...

How close to a concrete septic tank & chamber septic field can I build a fence? [ 6 Answers ]

We want to build a chain link fence around our septic field in the back yard. The field consisits of the septic tank, main distribution line, and 10 chamber style leach lines, each 100 linear feet long, spaced at ten foot intervals. I need to know how close to the tank and chambers I can put the...

Do I need a plumber? [ 8 Answers ]

The shower head is leaking badly. Do I need a plumber or can I fix it myself?

Do I call a plumber or Septic Tank Co? [ 2 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had my septic tank pumped due to backup of leaves and dirt in my shower and toilet. He said that I had a root problem. He cut as far as he could. After that, everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I noticed that every time I washed clothes the kitchen sink would gurgle...

View more questions Search