Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtmcdo99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 09:28 AM
    Electrical question
    Greetings. I have an outdoor hot tub. Like the water to be very very hot, most commercial models won't go above 104 degrees. The vendor I bought my tub from spliced a 300 ohm resistor into the thermostat heat sensor line which allows my tub to get up to 107-108. We just had to replace the thermostat, going to splice in the resistor, asked the vendor about doing something different so the water can get a little hotter - either two of same type of resistor or one rater higher (not sure if I am using the correct terminology), vendor said can only use 1 of them max but could not explain why. Can anyone assist or perhaps suggest a way for me to get hotter water?

Please no admonitions about the dire safety hazard posed by hot water. We have no pregnant ladies or small children. I am a big fan of some of the hot springs out west, some of which get as hot as 116-117 degrees. I like hot water!

Thank you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 02:55 PM
    Here is the problem. From what your saying and also from what I have looked up. I determined that your hot tub was built to what they call " #UL 1563 (Electric Spas, Equipment Assemblies, and Associated Equipment)" specifications.

We can not give you advice to go beyond those specifications and I find it amazing that any professional would exceed those specifications for you.

What your asking for can not be given out by this site.

Please consider this when making any temprature changes.
    Table 1 - Water Temperature Effects on Adult Skin

(Source: Report prepared by Dr. Moritz and Dr. Henriquez at Harvard Medical School in the 1949s)

Temp. F 1 Deg Burn 2 Deg Burn

111 270 Min's 300 Min's

113 120 Min's 180 Min's

116 20 Min's 45 Min's

118 15 Min's 20 Min's

120 8 Min's 10 Min's

124 2 Min's 4.2 Min's

131 17 Sec's 30 Sec's

140 3 Sec 5 Sec's

151 Instant 2 Sec's

158 Instant 1 Second

160 Instant Instant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Question [ 1 Answers ]

Ihave switch that turns on a plug for my TV. I want to run powere and add switch for A ceiling fan in the same room. I thought I would "jump" the black to the new switch and "twist" the white wires together to do that. What am I missing. [email protected]

Ask an electrical question? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a steam mop from the usa I live in the uk I also got a ac converter but the mop still dosen't work there is a green light on so there is power but it doesn't heat up. Can you tell me why this is

Electrical Question [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have an electrical question. I have 2 lights I'm adding to a circuit. The circuit already has 4 lights all that are controlled by a single switch. I've branched off one of these lights to give power to 2 additional lights with 14/2. The 2 lights are each controlled by a single pole switch. ...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I have a dedicated 15 amp circuit running to 5 recessed lights in my living room all controlled by a single switch. I've run the switch leg up the wall and to the first light, its 14/2. The power is coming into the first light also 14/2. I was wondering how to do this. Can...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lt2000 riding lawn mower.Used the mower to cut grass and turned it off.Blew mower off with blower and now it won't start.Motor will not even turn over.Any suggestions?

View more questions Search