Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wantanswers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Requirements to marry an immigrant
    I am wanting to marry an immigrant from Thailand. What requirements are there? I have heard that I must make so much money per year to be able to do that. Is that true? What paperwork is needed? Also, how easy is it for illegal immigrants to marry American citizens? Is anybody checking to see if an immigrant is illegal before the marriage occurs, and, if so, what happens to the immigrant when it is discovered?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Ok, as I have stated before, getting married, and them getting citizenship are two separate issues.

To get married, the two people go down to the court house and get a marriage license, both will need some form or proof of ID. That is often the issue for illegal immigrants. But you go get a marriage license and get married.

That does not change the legal status of the other person. There is no income requirements in the US to get married.

So now you are married to an illegal immigrant and if they are caught they will get deported and you will have a spouse in another country,

It does often make it easier to get citizenship, but they will need to apply for it.
    Manny Mo Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Feb 7, 2007, 06:47 PM
    I would suggest to file for a fiancé visa. Once I submitted the paperwork for a fiancé visa it only took 2 and 1/2 months to get it approved. She can then come here for three months and then you can choose to marry her with in than period or she will have to go back. Do not apply for a marriage visa because I heard that takes a very long time. In order to apply for a fiancé visa you have to prove that you know each other for around 1 and 1/2 to 2 years. You have to provide personal emails between you to. I called her a lot, so I included a ton of calling cards. Pictures of the two of you together, passport showing you have been there to visit her recently. Also, you need to be able to prove you have enough money to support her when she gets here. If you don't that could be a problem. Also, if you have a criminal background you may have a tough time also. You will have to send in all your financial documents and I am sure immigration will do a background check on you, so you can not lie on the application. Lastly, it is an expensive process. You will need to hire someone in Thailand to help you with the visa, because your financials and her information will need to be translated to Thai and sent to the Thai emabassy. Also, they will need to coach your girl to pass the closing interview once the visa is approve. Here is a break down of the costs- 50,000 baht for the visa lady about $1,500 US Dollars - $600 - $900 for her flight to the US. Other fees include taking care of the Thai embassy once they permit her to leave. Not sure what that is yet. Also, 2 doctor visits for shots and to see if she has diseases. For me she is worth it, but I would never do it again if it does not work out. Just beware what you are getting yourself into before you get this started.
    milky22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2011, 09:29 AM
    my name is florance pamela jordan now robinson I was an illegal immagrant and have no ststs till my friend signed the paperwork I was married to a man name chris robinson who is a canadian citzen I only had tyo pay my friend a little bit of money to sign my visa and immagration board I never had to go through immagration and have charges in buffalo and newyork oh well guess I saved immagration time of signing the paperwork and I was paid to marry a canadan I live at 909 clonsilla ave 803 908 711 I collect welfare in 4 different towns under armstrong page munroe burgess podrick hurley knott mitchell robinson decker jordan robinson put 1500.00 of insurance on each of my children's lifes and granddaughter I really got the system by the *** this time me and bev moore signed this giirls separation divorce papers and also we signed for a kidney transplant for her and also bev moore bouffard kidnapped her son florance pamela jordan ronbinson said the whities have to pay for the blacks and I caught her at 4 months feeding her granddaughter and she baths her in javex to turn a black baby into a white child flo jantelle jordan robinson feed emma jordan vol half bottle advil tempra tynol full bottle of orajel when she has she can't provider the nessities of life to a child chris saysd and cocego man says from toronto so they steal from 81 peoples welfare checks 500 x 81 per month flo jantelle bev they steal from neighbours they can't provide the nessities of life to emma jordan 909 clonsilla ave 803 711 908 106 lansdowne st 102 103 203 304 jackson avetallwood ave peterborough ontario canada they steal checks debit cards out of peoples homes bank orders from money mart cash and dash they broke into novelty shoe repair and costco collect welfare in tronto missaga north bay buffalo New York flo jordan robinson aka robinson is not a decker had hystorectomy jantelle jordan aka robinson had tubes tied and burnt same with samatha wills escapped con from orange ccounty jail same with penny bryant and jantelle jordan was tied and burnt jantelle and flo are leading white men on to think there the father of emma jordan just to get money f9r money they steal welfare hanidcapped benefits also flo rance pamela jordan aka robinson said there was no physchial emotion trama or verbal oe any kind of abuse she said there that she killed jantelle father in cold blood in newyork or buffalo for 30,000 insurance money they are asking for randsom blackmail they are leading men to think its one thing b to is lock them up emmah as had bruses on head eyes face pissy cat sleeps in emma room mother grandmother heavluy into fuugx chilrens aid number in peterborough 1-705-743-9751 they even have police involed in this they live a doirty life drug being sold they need children's aid brought in and emma taken away they have to prove think of the kids is this how bad its gotten mothers who are prositutes we need children's aid to make a safe I'm environment for our sd nded people who can provide fore.we need tougher immagration laws d for the pepole in ccanada and nation wide children should be protected emma jordan father is a black man from bellville that's what her mother jantelle jordan aka robinson said to me
    Faysweet69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2011, 09:13 PM
    What crimenal info requird
    boss09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 06:36 PM
    Can you be on government assistance in the process of marrying an non- citizen??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will he marry [ 26 Answers ]

He said "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and give you all the things you deserve.". Refers to you sometimes as his wife and himself sometimes as your husband. When not at work the time is spent together. Live together,spend time with both families and acts as if married. Closed about...

Please Help Us To Get Marry! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I met a girl on Yahoo chat. Now she's my girlfriend. We're chating since long & we are honest to each other. We finally decided to marry. The problem is that she lives in USA I'm In Pakistan. She wants me to come to USA. Can you help by telling steps what is the procedure of marrying US...

Re-marry [ 1 Answers ]

I married someone 20 years ago when I was in the Marines, I shipped out a few weeks later and never heard from or saw my "wife" again. I have no idea where she is. I would like to marry again, how do I go about making it legal?

Maybe Marry After 22 Years Of Being Apart! [ 6 Answers ]

It had been 22 years ago that my long lost fiance' Ken went he's way and I went mine. He told me 2 call him 1 Friday night and I did, but his mom answered and said he was on a date, and I told her just 2 tell him 2 have a good life and I never heard from him again until I married my 1st husband. I...

View more questions Search