Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billyjean Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 06:54 PM
    Sweatshirts for craft shows
    I make embroidered and alliqued sweashirts to sell at craft shows. It seems like they don't sell like they use to. I have many new sweatshirts purchased to make the embroidered and appliqued shirts out of but I was trying to think of something else I could do with them. Does anyone have any suggestions as towhat they would like to see in the what of theembroidered and aplliqued shirts or any ideas what else I could do with the new shirts I already have purchased ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 30, 2011, 04:44 AM
    Put them on E Bay. Maybe someone will buy the lot up for a fundraiser.

Tick
    sewslikethewind Posts: 30, Reputation: 9

Oct 2, 2011, 01:44 PM
    If you are appliqueing flowers, leaves, pumpkins, kittens, seasonal items, you should consider doing something different. If you are using built in embroidery from your machine - mix it up from piece to piece. Strive to make each piece at least a little bit different.

Look at popular shows and images. Even if you wouldn't wear a hoodie with an image of "Stewie from the Family Guy drinking a can of beer", if this is popular with people who buy, you will sell.

Also, reconsider a pull-over sweatshirt. A hoodie has a wider audience, in my opinion, and consider branching out beyond a sweat shirt. Go to the local thrift, buy some good used denim or oxford shirts or jean jackets and do them up. Ultimately your pieces will have more character and be seen as "wearable green art" because they are one of a kind and not something that started it's life at Wal-mart.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have many new sweatshirts for craft shows. What's best to do with them [ 0 Answers ]

I make craft show aweatshirts. What's in style this year

Could this be craft? [ 3 Answers ]

Cupid blindness Making and keeping friends is good business; but making and keeping true love is good fortune. Good business and good fortune sanctifies the human soul with robustness. When the dark, fragmented nimbus moves in ferocious unity with the dynamite of...

View more questions Search