Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NovemberIvory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 11:49 AM
    Life after doing time for a crime not committed
    My husband currently served 10 years in prison because he refused to plea guilty to false charges, and became a sex offender. The D.A. Took all his evidence and threw it out and only persuaded the judge on hear say. What happened was his ex-wife wanted custody of their daughter and had her other daughter (his step-daughter) lie so they could gain custody. She felt it was either put him behind bars or kill him to gain custody because she always lost being an unfit mother. She still never gained custody because my husbands parents became her guardian because she was still considered an unfit mother. But now he is suffering for the rest of his life because of this. Is there anyway to fight this? I have seen a lot of people be proven innocent in the past. We are only waiting to find an attorney that would be willing to do this. He was originally given an attorney that had never dealt with a case like this, so they ended up losing. Please let me know what to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2011, 12:41 PM
    First he is convicted to legally at this point he committed the crime. After the conviction he has a limited time to file an appeal. After that time, just not being guilty is not really a reason to allow an appeal and even the governor often does not do a pardon even for these cases.

So getting an attorney quickly, if you have waited years after the conviction there is little that can be done.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Get creative. Hire a good looking PI with a hidden camcorder to befriend the stepdaughter (now 18+?) and get the truth out of her. It's a start anyway, even though it may not even be admissible in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st time committed theft offence under $5000 [ 0 Answers ]

If somebody have 1st time committed theft offence under $5000 n can confess whole heartidly in the court then?

I have been stupid for the first time in 57 years and committed fraud - will I go toI [ 4 Answers ]

I have stupidly fraudently used cheques and have admitted to this but am making myself sick with worry that I might go to prison ! I have never ever in 57 years done anything wrong - I have offered to pay this money back - please help with advice if you can !

My boyfriend was on probation for a crime committed over a year ago... [ 1 Answers ]

His insanity plea was taken and he was only given probation. They recently found evidence of a second crime (same as the first) within a week of the original crime that he also has no memory of. It was proven on lie detector tests that he honestly could not remember it and he was diagnosed with...

Suffering from depression when crime was committed [ 5 Answers ]

When I was arrested for embezzlement I was sufffering from depression my 20yr. Old son just came back from Iraq on June 3, 2008 and My 40 yr. old younger brother died unexpectly of a heart attack on June 11.2008 and I had to have heart surgrey on July 16,2008. Will the court take all of that into...

View more questions Search