Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjkof Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Every folder changed to *.exe application?
    Hello every one
    My problem is, the folders in my desktop and my document changes to .exe application or executable and when I try to open it the option 'open this folder with' will appear but the folders on the other partition are fine so any lack of getting my folders back
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2011, 05:55 AM
    I would attempt a System Restore to a date before the infection happened.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 07:35 AM
    Basically if you don't have a good restore point/backup your screwed. Try restoring from a recovery point, if that doesn't work you will have to format and reload windows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New folder.exe etc [ 8 Answers ]

My system is hit by new folder.exe virues... it changes the icon of my computer and slow down my computer... anyone can help me regarding its solution... pleae..?

New folder exe [ 1 Answers ]

I have problem of new folder exe. In my computer please direct me ir right direction.

New Folder.exe [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all I'm new here, I'm a noobs in this site.. I just would like to ask you peeps if someone here encoutered same problem. My computer is infected with worm vb.k as what AVG detected. I creates New Folder.exe in my drives. Then I can't access my registry, msconfig and task manager. I have tried...

New Folder.exe [ 3 Answers ]

Somehow, my computer got affected from a virus that creates "new folder.exe" anywhere, and makes the "uslottery.co.us" as home-page for my browser. I'm using mcafee but it didn't cure it. What should I do?

New Folder.exe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to find the solution of newfolder.exe virus manually without using any software. Also give me the brief detail about New Folder .exe virus. Thanks and Regards.

View more questions Search