Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Aug 28, 2011, 07:15 PM
    Adding Value to home what's better...
    Im trying to update my old appliances, I have a space of 56 1/2 '' Width and 62 1/2'' Tall. I Can also change my hood fan to match the size of new appliances. What I am wondering is what is better, to Have a bigger stove or bigger fridge. I can try to get them the same size but I'm looking online for used and its usually on or the other so if I had to choose I'd like to know the better. ( What looks better or adds more value to the house) ( what would you want if you were buying a house)

P.s. My house is very small and I currently have a very old fridge ( 32''W) and a older stove (24''W)

Aug 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Im looking at a set online for $500 with delivery but the fridge is 10'' smaller width and 2'' smaller height. Would it be worth it to upgrade my appliances( energy efficient ) and sell them later ( to make my money back or more) to get bigger ones again? Or should I leave the smaller stove and get a bigger fridge again or leave a small fridge and get a bigger stove?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Do the stove and refrigerator sit next to each other?

What's your storage and cooking styles? Do you like to have available several pitchers or bottles of juices, a gallon of milk, and a variety of pickles and relishes and dressings and other things that need refrigeration? In other words, do you really need a larger refrigerator?

Or do you do a lot of roasting in the oven of large cuts of meat and several pots going at one time on the burners, so a bigger stove would be nice?

Aug 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
    Yes
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2011, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Troubles View Post
    ( What looks better or adds more value to the house) ( what would you want if you were buying a house)
    Hello O:

In terms of value, that can't be decided here.. In some neighborhoods, adding a pool will INCREASE the value of your home, while in others, it'll be wasted money. Given that you live in a SMALL house, making your kitchen into what a foodie would like, MIGHT be a waste of money.. In my view, most foodies can afford a bigger house...

So, if it were me, I'd make my kitchen like I wanted to be.

excon

Aug 28, 2011, 07:58 PM
    Thank you Ex. I'm planning on selling my house within 5 years so I don't really care too much. Personally what do you prefer?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 07:59 PM
    Yes
    Yes to all three questions?

Aug 28, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Do the stove and refrigerator sit next to each other?
    yes they do sit next to each other
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 08:06 PM
    That's not good, you realize. Is there any way to separate them?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Personally what do you prefer?
    Hello again, O:

Well, I'm a foodie. I'd like a 4 burner gas stove with a grill. I'd want as big a refrigerator as would fit. I'd want the kitchen to be open too, so I can entertain my guests..

excon

Aug 28, 2011, 08:52 PM
    That's not good, you realize
    Why is it not good to have them next to each other? My house is small and there is no way to move anything only play with the sizes and spacing..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 10:09 PM
    Why is it not good to have them next to each other? My house is small and there is no way to move anything only play with the sizes and spacing....?
    I understand your situation with the smallness of the kitchen. The stove walls heat up when the oven's on and that's not good for the refrigerator.
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Aug 31, 2011, 12:28 PM
    From the measurements you gave you can only fit in a 24" stove and 32" refrigerator with 1/2" to spare. Is there any extra space in the kitchen?
    Can you upload a photo of your kitchen?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with adding a name to deed of home [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I were looking for a home to buy. Found out that h is sister's home was about to be foreclosed on, she suggested that we take over the payments on her home, and finish paying for it. She said she would add our names to the deed, then we could get it refinanced in our names. We did...

Adding others to a home title in Arizona [ 5 Answers ]

In Arizona, how does one add others to the title on a home? (ie. A father adding children to his home title)

Adding someone to home title [ 2 Answers ]

My Mom wants to add me to her home title. She still has a mortgage on the house. Can she add me and if she does will it change anything? Does it cost to do this?

Adding a name to the title of a home as 50% owner [ 2 Answers ]

This is a rather convuluted situation, but my brother bought half of a home from a friend of his, but she didn't put him on the title. They did sign a contract between them and he paid her for half of the value of the home, but now she wants to sell it and he doesn't to. He has offered to buy her...

Adding my name to the title of our home [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I purchased our home back in March 2006. At the point we were able to get a better rate by having my husband on the loan only , but both of our names were put on the title. Now we are in the process of refinancing to a lower rate and decided, again, to have only my husband's name...

View more questions Search