Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgbaker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Mobile home ownership
    I am purchasing land with a mobile home on it - the home has a lockbox on it - What does that mean to me? Does it not come with the land? How can I find out who owns it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
    What does the listing say? How about a deed? What does the agent say? If the house becomes yours, replace the lock and take the box off.
    jgbaker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 07:09 AM
    The property is up for sale as a tax sale auction but I am told this does not necessarily mean the mobile home is included. I am trying to find out how to go about finding out if the home is included. I show the home was listed at one time for 20,000 but I can't get the original listing agent to call me back. The auction is coming up quickly and I don't want to buy 5 acres of land and find I have to get rid of or buy a "needs a lot of work" mobile home. I appreciate you response, though.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbaker View Post
    The auction is coming up quickly and I don't want to buy 5 acres of land and find I have to get rid of or buy a "needs a lot of work" mobile home. I appreciate you response, though.
    Hello jg:

You can't be required to BUY the trailer, even if you buy the land under it. BUT, if you buy the land, you WILL be responsible for getting rid of it. Ain't nobody going to do that for you. No, you don't need to find the owner. All you need is somebody to haul it off. It's the same thing as finding a junk car on your property..

excon
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Mobile homes are like cars, typically a depreciating asset. The tax bill for the property should show land and building, if any. You may be able to trace ownership if a MH sticker is required, it is in GA. Go for the land, and if you get it offer the MH free for removal. Someone may take it for a hunting cabin etc. I've seen them cut in half for hunting cabin use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

Mobile home owners and mobile home renters [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park owner have home owners and home renters in the same park in the state of Oregon?

Mobile Home Ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I put our mobile home up for sale. Within 24 hours an investor came by and I accepted a deposit and also signed a bill of sale in both my wife's and my name while my wife was not home. If my wife never signed the bill of sale, but endorsed the deposit check, does she have any legal...

Home ownership [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to changing the ownership of a home because the payments and the interest rate are to high and would like to change home ownership to see if the rates will lower.

Home ownership [ 1 Answers ]

How does my mother add my name to the title

View more questions Search