shazeedhoque Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Air conditioning cooling load
    How we calculate the cooling load of a space for air conditioning
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Feb 2, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazeedhoque
    how we calculate the cooling load of a space for air conditioning
    If you want find out the peak load for a building, I think it is best to use the load calculator they are offering out there. It cheaper and a lot more quick than doing it manually by yourself , the manual for peak cooling load calculation is about 3/8 thick, it not as simple as the heat lost calculation. You may want to look into it at ASHRAE... do the 'space' have exterior wall?
    mdshwaib Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Dear shazad,

Thumb rule is 120 sft = 1 Ton

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioning mishap [ 2 Answers ]

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about all things mechanical/electrical, but here we go... I was trimming around my rheem a/c unit with my weedeater and accidentally snagged a thin brown wire and gave it a REALLY hard yank. I stopped and gingerly checked to make sure it was still connected...

Air Conditioning [ 7 Answers ]

You should have 5 wires running to the outside unit. 2 big heavy, insulated ones plus a ground from the breaker outside by the unit, and a couple of little insulated ones coming out from the furnace. With the thermostat calling for cooling, the big ones should have 240 V between them and the...

New Air Conditioning / Mold [ 1 Answers ]

In March 2005, I had a 12 year old central heat pump replaced with a brand new unit. At the same time, I replaced the main ducting from the heat pump with brand new ducting. The H&A guys said the branch ducting was fine and didn't need to be replaced so it wasn't. Over the past couple of...

View more questions Search