Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2007, 03:14 AM
    The Dude vs Jesus Quintana
    In the film 'The Big Lebowski', The Dude and Walter's semi-final bowling match against Jesus Quintana and Liam happens after the film ends. Does anybody know the result of this match and if The Dude and Walter won the tournament? Thanks.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Hey mate, how are you doing?

You know it has been such a long time since I have seen that movie that I am going to have to watch it again because it is one that I really liked. I seem to recall that there was no answer to your question. It ended the way it did on purpose. But, until I get a chance to watch it again, I won't know definitively. So, maybe someone else who is a fan of the movie will stop by and give us his/her opinion.

Feb 3, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Im very well thank you Rubypitbull, how are things stateside? Good I hope. Thank you for your interest in this question. I would like to think that The Dude and Walter beat Jesus and Liam comfortably in their semi-final match, and went on to win the final, although my head tells me that Jesus and Liam probably defeated our heroes, and took home the trophy for themselves. As The Dude says about Jesus' bowling skills, 'That creep can roll man!'
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Hahahah. I forgot about that line. I will have to rent a copy in the next week or so.

As far as stateside - just got 6 inches of snow dumped here last night. I have to start digging my way out today! But, I am not complaining. I do love the snow. I live in an area that you just pretty much expect it and deal with it. This year it has been quite warm and we have had very little so I am looking forward to throwing some snowballs around today.

Take care Deniro. If no one stops by with any more insight, I will come back for a discussion when I get a chance to view the movie again.

By the way, how did you like Taxi Driver? I, for one, put it up there as one of the all time GREATS!

Feb 3, 2007, 12:03 PM
    I loved it! I went down to my local HMV, and picked up for £3.99! The Disc is full of exciting features including a 70 minute behind the scenes documentary. DeNiro is superb, and plays the role of haunted Travis Bickle with such conviction. I understand now why you mentioned it to be one of his signiture films. Truly an incredible actor.:)
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2007, 01:42 PM
    So glad you you liked it! Yes, his intensity in this film is so amazing.

If you like this film, you may want to rent or buy The Deerhunter, which was made in the same time or so. It was one of Meryl Streep's first major film roles. DeNiro is in it along with one of my favorite strange actors, Christopher Walken and a few other excellent actors. Do an internet search on it and see if it is something that might interest you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jesus was homeless [ 8 Answers ]

I found this on the net, not mine, but I lost the guys name that wrote it. The thing is, has anyone ever had a similar experience they would care to write about? This is not up for another argument so please, those of you that love to be disagreeable please refrain from posting! No story, no post...

Jesus is a way ? [ 54 Answers ]

If jesus christ is the only way as the bible says. What is the fate of millions of people born into other religions as it seems thatmost peoples beliefs are as a result of the fact that they were born into a particular faith and their parents thought them to follow that faith?

I'm just a felonious dude [ 5 Answers ]

Hello nannystaters: I participate in on-line poker. As of June 7, my poker playing activities will become a felony. The head of the state gambling commission, however, said that it is unlikely that individual gamblers will be targeted. Yeah right! (1) Do you believe the head gambling cop?...

Hey Briggs dude, got another problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Briggs twin v II and it has very little spark, I took The fly wheel off and there are no points ! Is it some kind Of electronic ignition thing, I figured just clean up the points And she would run like a champ! Thanks Bill:eek:

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search