Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JWwaen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Ceiling light fixture blew two light bulbs in 2 weeks?
    I have 2 ceiling lights in one room that turn on with a single switch. One works fine every time. The other has blown 2 lightbulbs in 2 weeks (incandescent). There were CFL's in them earlier and I took them out to replace them with the incandescent type. The first one seemed to burn out after a short period. The second one's glass bulb (a week or so later) had literally broken apart, leaving the burned out filament exposed.

What's the possible problem, as these are fairly new fixtures but in an older house.

Thanks very much for your help.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 27, 2011, 03:13 PM
    I assume that the fixture are the same. What size bulb are you using? What is the maximum size bulb that the fixtures are rated for ?
    Check the voltage at the fixture that is blowing bulbs. If voltage is 120V or less, switch the fixture that is blowing bulbs with the fixture that is not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced a ballast and bulbs in a fluorescent light fixture and now the bulbs flash what is causing this

I have connected the light ceiling fixture but the light remain on cannot switch off [ 7 Answers ]

I have two black wires, one red, one wihite out of the box. I have connected the two blacks with the black fixture, and white with the white fixture wires. The red is not connected. The light (florescent U-tube light) comes on, but stays on, regardless of the switch being in the on or off position,...

Changing from 300 watt light fixture to a 52" ceiling fan w/ 2 13w CFL bulbs [ 7 Answers ]

As I understand it, I should be safe using the same wiring. However. The no. of wires, and their configuration when I removed the light fixture (5-60watt candelabra-based bulbs), has me seeking assistance. By the way. I did turn off the circuit breaker. There are three sets of wires coming...

Light bulbs blew out [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Lights in the hallway became real bright then blew out & a power strip melted. Wiring in house is about 10-15 years old. Did some investigation and here is what I found out: The neutral wire in the subpanel for the lights was burnt and disconnected. The neutral wire is in 14/3 romex...

Wiring a new Light Fixture that has two bulbs [ 10 Answers ]

So I bought a ceiling mounted flush light fixture from the home depot. But I'm confused about the wiring. The fuses are fine cause when I first started to wire it.. Turning back on the power from the panel it popped and I replaced it (15 amps). Anyway, I'm reading and following all the necessary...

View more questions Search