Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    splish_splash29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2011, 01:12 PM
    What does it mean to dream about being murdered?
    So this morning my hubby left for work at 5:30 I said good bye and fell back alseep 15 minutes later I woke up frozen and terrified. I was dreaming that this mystery man (I don't know who it was) was chasing me everywhere I went he was there or would pop up. He was trying to kill me he would go through doors and walls to get to me. There were two other girls he was after too and then we all ran in this room and there was my sisters mother inlaw in there and I asked her where they went and she said to me "they are like flies on the wall"... Ook... Then she told me they were in the room hiding already. The lock on the door stood out to me for some reason too it was a cheap trailer door knob that is plastic that you just push in. And it would keep him out. Well then he busted through the wall on the other side of the room and then my dream stopped and the next thing I knew it was another dream of someone telling me my grandma had died.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Dreams about being chased are pretty common, but notice how you wake up before he killed you? Freud said that we never actually dream that we are killed. (I had a dream once, just once, that I was dead in a hospital corridor with people walking by.)
    The door lock and comments and so on are just props that your brain finds in your storage bins. You could waste a ton of time on that part. Your dreams mean what they mean to YOU. If you went to a therapist, that's what they would ask - what does it mean to you? Dreams about death are just a way to deal with impending death (your grandma, etc) and fears of being unsafe and dead yourself. I'll bet someone said 'wish I could be a fly on the wall' and that got you going on people who could bust through walls to be that fly.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2011, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by splish_splash29 View Post
    What does it mean to dream about being murdered?
    Hello splish:

Dreams don't mean anything... Some are fun. Some aren't.

excon
    rockierose Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Since you do not actually know if you were murdered in the dream because you woke up, it may signify that you are worried about a pending death (maybe your grandmother?) It is not saying she will die, but it says that you are worried about it because we dream of what bothers us like an unsolved issue in our mind.
    That being said, if you think that your demise in the dream was to be murdered, it could suggest that some important and significant relationship has been severed. You may be trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. The dream may also be about your unused talents that are cut short because your life was cut short as well.
    To dream that you are being chased may signify that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is a metaphor for some form of insecurity. Usually this is if you dream that you are chased by an animal, not really people. You may be running away from a primal urge or fear.
    To dream that you or someone else is talking in your dream does not have any significance unless it is unusual or bizarre. It may simply be highlighting your need improve your communication skills or learn to express yourself more clearly to others. Maybe you feel misunderstood by others or perhaps left out of conversations?
    I would not look too deeply into it though. Most of this information can be obtained from any dream interpretation site and it is controversial because some believe in dreams' meanings and others don't. If you feel that these situations may be relevant to you though, it can never hurt to try to use your dream meanings to reflect and improve your own life habits.
    Good luck and do what is best for you. If that means ignoring these dreams, then do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I dream of my brother dying in my car and I cannot cry for him in my dream [ 3 Answers ]

I dream of my brother dying in a crash in my car, but there is nothing I can do to help him, he was in the passanger side, but I did not see the driver, I see blood coming out of his mouth and ears, I try to cry for him in my dream but cant

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

Dream of being murdered [ 1 Answers ]

I keep having a recurring dream of some men kidnapping me and putting me in a wooden box (like a coffin), nailing the lid shut and then throwing it into the water (I live in a city next to the water). It is very dark and I'm trying to get out. I usually wake up in a cold sweat at that point. ...

View more questions Search