Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sloka4444 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2011, 05:52 AM
    Tetany&Ca levels
    Tetany is caused due to continuous contraction of muscle due to low serum levels of calcium. But sufficient ca influx into the cells is required for the depolarization which causes contraction,so how can low levels of Ca can cause depolarization and contraction in tetany?Please explain.
    Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

Tetany-How is it caused? [ 0 Answers ]

Tetany is caused due to continuous contraction of muscle due to low serum levels of calcium. But sufficient ca influx into the cells is required for the depolarization which causes contraction,so how can low levels of Ca can cause depolarization and contraction in tetany?Please explain. Thank you

K levels [ 1 Answers ]

My potassium level is 2.9. The level is supposed to be 3.6-5. I didn't think 2.9 is that low but the doctor seem somewhat alarmed and gave me some horse pills (huge) to take. I didn't start the pills because I do eat grape fruits, bananas and I take a medication that that has a side effect that...

PH Levels [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering if there is a herbal alternative for balancing the PH levels in the body - Mine appear to go out of sync at various times - During which all the mucous in my body becomes so caustic that it burns the membranes in all orifices causing considerable discomfort - This can last for 1 week...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.