Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wango Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2011, 01:45 AM
    My husband does not treat me well anymore what can I do?
    I have been married for two years now, and a baby who is one year now. Since the baby my husband has been so cold towards me, he works away and whenever he is away he never calls to check on us, I do all the calling, he can no longer even do something small for me. He holds grudge for things I can not even remember doing,I have been nice to him, I go out of the way for him but I feel he does not care about me anymore. He is rude at times and does not even care how I feel. A m just confused and I do not want our marriage to end. He does not even want to talk about the problems he dismisses them as no big deal. What should I do? Am I psychologically disturbed?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2011, 04:16 AM
    Where do you live? Maybe we can find you some counseling. He may be the one who needs it, but it can help you cope and make decisions. Some men change a lot after babies are born. He may be worried about financial responsibility. We can't know. Try to find other mothers in your neighborhood or town who you can meet with and talk at the park or in a group. It's important to not be isolated. With friends you won't need his attention so much and you will be more interesting to him just by telling stories.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 26, 2011, 02:27 PM
    I think you are still recovering from a life changing event, you and your husband, and you both need a bit of time to make adjustments to the changes in both your lives. It will happen in time. For now, I think regular check ups, and just enjoy being a new mom, and taking your baby for a lot of fresh air, and meeting other new moms would help you cope, while you heal, and adjust.

No you are not crazy, just human, and its normal for new parents to trip out a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband treat me and step daughter unfair [ 9 Answers ]

Every year my husband always buys my step daughter an expensive gift with a birthday party. In the opposite side, he neglects my feeling for my birthday. He never celebrate my birthday before. Last year, I just wanted him to make me happy, so I texted him to remind him. He came home that night with...

My husband can't anymore. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I have been married just shy of one year. He is 23 and I am 22.. we found out about 3 months ago that I am pregnant and couldn't be happier as we had been trying for a child. We had a very active sex life before the pregnancy but with my hormones up and down I haven't been in...

I can't stand my husband anymore, what do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have been going through a rough patch for about the past 2 years. I don't agree with things he is teaching our 3 year old son, like to hit and curse. So we fight. I ask him to mow the yard cause it hasn't been mowed in over a month and is very high, we fight. He tells me I am lazy...

Husband not 'in love' anymore. [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married seventeen years and have two teenage children, at school. Shortly after we married, I had a brief affair, which I have always regretted and have never really been sure why I did; it was meaningless and wrong. My husband was very understandably hurt and angry. However, I thought...

My husband is not aroused anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

The five years of my relationship with my husband, I never thought that he would not be able to get it up. It was an embarrassing feeling I experience last night. It was up while we kissing by the time we were going to have sex in went down. There are time I was giving him oral sex and he falls...

View more questions Search