Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhinoman1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2011, 09:04 PM
    10 month old son has vomiting and high temp
    My 10 month old son has vomited 3-4 times in the last few hours, last time was about 1 hour ago, temp 99.5, attitude still pretty good, although it is bedtime so a little cranky. Just cut his first 2 teeth. Is this usually anything serious, or would pedialyte and reassess in the morning be OK.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 11:24 PM
    Pedialyte and reassess is okay for now. 99.5 isn't really that high for a temp. I recommend all of my pediatric parents to call the doctor if the temp reaches 100.4 or above.

Check his diapers to make sure he is still putting out urine so that he is not getting dehydrated.

Do NOT, under any circumstances, give him Pepto Bismol!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 Month Old Infant has Intermittent Vomiting [ 12 Answers ]

About 6 weeks ago my then 6 1/2 month old vomited in his sleep. It was not normal spitting up but total vomit. He threw up everything in his stomach and then dry heaved a few times until every bit of mucous was out. He cried a bit, I know it must have been painful. We bathed him, he became kind...

My 16 month old daughter has a fever, diarrhea and vomiting... Help! [ 2 Answers ]

This morning, my daughter started vomitting and has a fever. But her doctor's office doesn't open for another hour. I've tried Pedialyte but she's unable to keep it down. Nor juice and water. What could make this morning more comfortable for her until then?.

28 Month old Vomiting and Diarrhea for 24 days [ 7 Answers ]

My 28 month old daughter has been vomiting and has diarrhea for the last 24 days. I have taken her to her pediatrician, an allergist and to the E.R. and all I keep hearing is it's okay, she probably just has a virus. She is not running a fever. She has lost weight. A stool culture was done, and it...

5 month old lab- vomiting- stomach surgery [ 10 Answers ]

Our 5 month old lab ate a corn cob a few weeks ago and had surgery. Shortly after she began to vomit / diaherria. She was put on ID and stomach meds. The meds are gone about 3 days but is still on ID food. Last night she vomited again and today- she will not eat or drink and has lost quite a bit of...

12 Month Old Cat Vomiting Up Green For 3 Days [ 1 Answers ]

I Brought Home A 1 Year Old Stray Cat .had Her Fixed 3 Months Ago She Has Had Worm Meds .but Started Vomiting 4 Days Ago .started Out Clear Turned Yellow Then Really Green.I Have 2 Other Pets They'er Not Sick.

View more questions Search