Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tillyandmo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2011, 03:34 AM
    Leg injury
    I banged my left leg on a wooden shoe rack 3 days ago, that was left open. Its about 10 cm above the ankle and a 7 cm bruise that goes from the middle of my shin to the outside of my leg and the swelling is all around the bruised area, I can put some weight on it although it is very painful, the swelling has not got any bigger it is staying the same but it is raised and very painful to touch, is this normal for a bang
    Now I am experiencing a burning sensation and a little bit of swelling on my ankle
    Thank you in advance.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 04:01 AM
    If you are worried go get it checked out at the hospital or your doctor. Kind of hard to tell you what is going on with your leg, but if it was just a bang on a piece of wood, and there is a bruise (some people bruise more then others) and if the swelling has not increased, I wouldn't worry about it. But as I say, if you are concerned have someone check it out.

Tick
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2011, 06:19 PM
    My mom always told me that when you hit an area of your body that does not have much meat on it like a knee, shin, ankle, etc. you will experience more problems. She was an RN for 50 years. She would have recommended you put ankle in a cold bucket of water and then stay off it for a few days. Take some aspirin or tylenol for the discomfort. You could loosely wrap an ace bandage to help with the swelling.

If you don't see any improvement in a few days or it gets worse then definitely go and get it checked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg [ 6 Answers ]

Any ideas what would cause this condition on a grown man? Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg. Thanks for helping

Femur injury left lump on leg? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter came home from a pool party about 3 years ago... someone had hit their head against her lower thigh.. there was no bruising.. with little swelling. Since then, her leg noticeably has a small bump just above her knee... very hard. Not discolored, nor painful. She is a pre-teen, and...

Self Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I didn't quite know where to post this so I tried here... Anyway, I know that self injury is typical of someone who has been abused through childhood, but I seemed to be OK there for a few months... now Im taking social work in college which didn't bother me till today when we watched a video...

Subway Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I used to work at Subway, the sandwich place. Back in March I cut my finger open with one of the knives. I had to go to the ER as soon as possible because I couldn't control the bleeding. My manager didn't take me. She just filled out a work injury form and told me what to do when I went to the...

View more questions Search