Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceilingtile Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Aug 24, 2011, 04:25 PM
    1000 hospital bill
    My daughter was hospitalized. Hospital asked if I had extended health benefits. I said yes for semi private room. This week I received notice that my benefit company had denied claim for 1000 as I didn't have coverage for semi private. I looked in benefit booklet and it said I did. So I phoned them and they said as of April 2010 the employer had taken the semi private hospital coverage away. I don't remember getting any notice of this and was not aware. In 2009 I had surgery and had semi private coverage. Should my employer not have told us of this change and are they responsible now to pay my bill
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Sure you should have been informed of the change but check with your HR department to see how they did that first. I'd talk back to the hospital about why they did not confirm your health plan benefits and just took your words for it. Folks often misunderstand their plan so hospitals routinely, except yours, call and confirm.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 07:39 PM
    The insurance company sends you all sorts of info, any time there are changes, I would be sure you got a notice, hidden and tucked away in small print in the pages of you get from them.

But the place where you work merely provides the ability for you to get the insurance, any agreement or contract is between you and where you work ( unless this is insurance funished by your union)
    But no they are not responsible,
    ceilingtile Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jan 8, 2012, 05:49 PM
    I called hospital and because she was in for pyschiatric reasons they decided to foot the bill. I would never have known if I hadn't tried. 1000$ saved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of a 1934 $1000 bill [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know the value range of a 1934 $1000 one thousand dollar bill? Thanks.

Movie in old mental hospital to win $1000,000 [ 16 Answers ]

Im trying to find the name of a movie where people are invited to spend the night in this mansion so they can win $1000,000 I think. The mansion was old old mental hospital where the patients were tortured. I think it came out around 2000. Think the people invited were somehow related to the doctor...

$1000 confederate bill real or not? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a $1000 confederate bill. A local dealer says he think it might be real because the paper is the correct type. How do I find out if this is real or not? Thanks

Unpaid hospital bill [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Bridget... 2 years ago I went to the hospital and was uninsured... My bill is now 20,000 accruing interest with collection agency? I don't know what to do... can they seize my bank accounts without my permission?

Bill from Hospital [ 2 Answers ]

I received a bill from a hospital I went to, but was never seen by. How can I dispute this? I spoke with the hospital representative and the only solution she offered was to apply for charity care.

View more questions Search