Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasminerenee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 12:57 PM
    What if I have back time?
    The time I've collected while I was in jail for the same case that I'm on probation for does back time count
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2011, 05:44 PM
    In what manner? Why would you ask? Are you violating your probation and want to know if this time will count if you have to serve jail time?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2011, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminerenee View Post
    The time ive collected while i was in jail for the same case that im on probation for does back time count
    Hello j:

It's called "credit for time served", and it's awarded to you (or not) at your sentencing by the judge. If he DIDN'T do that, then whatever time you served in jail doesn't count. But, he SHOULD have given it to you. Most judges do. Read your sentencing papers.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
    Yes, Excon is correct as normal on the criminal things.

If you had time in jail pending a trial, that would be considered time served, so at sentencing he either includes it ( normally do) but not unless it was specified

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking Back In Time [ 24 Answers ]

I recently watched a program on the Science network about the history of the universe, and a representative from Hubble said that pointing the Hubble Telescope into deep space represented looking back in time. What does this mean, exactly? It's not a literal statement, is it? Does it relate to how...

Turn the time back [ 4 Answers ]

How can I turn the time back in the computer I mean I have uninstall something I shouldn't have done and I want to go back time to find it back

She needs time but still loves me and wants to get back with me [ 16 Answers ]

Last night, my girlfriend (almost for 5 months) said that she needs time to straighten out her life. Her grades aren't at her expectations, her parents, although divorced always fight, she has a job, and needs to get her "out of relationship" life straight first. I know she's really stressed. She...

Go back in time. [ 30 Answers ]

If you could go back in time and see 10 bands play who would they be. Mine are.. 1.Nirvana 2.Black Sabbath (when they were together) 3.Led Zeppelin 4.The Sex Pistols 5.The Doors 6.Jimi Hendrix 7.The Beatles 8.Lynyrd Skynyrd

Back in time [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know any details of a song by Fess Parker called Farewell. I am told he acted as Davy Crocket in the sixties, fraid that's all I know.?

View more questions Search