Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steviedmack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Quit deed
    My name was on the refinancing papers but how come my wife's name is only on the deed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Refinancing is only that refinancing, if her name was not on the deed from when you purchased the home, merely doing a refinance will not add it.

You will have to go to a title company or real estate attorney and arrange for the proper new deed to be added to the records.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit claim deed [ 3 Answers ]

Is attorney needed for quit claim deed

Quit claim deed [ 26 Answers ]

In 1997 My ex and I purchased a home in California. I was deliquint on my child support so the real estate agent surggested that we repair her credit and use her name only. This would keep a lean off the house. A few months after we moved into the home I was told that the finance company asked for...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

Quit Claim Deed [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a myriad of financial issues at this point in time. I have about 65k of unsecured debt. I have no assets with equity in them. My home is fully mortaged with no equity. I am falling behind on my unsecured debts and I am worried that they will file a lien on my home residence. ...

View more questions Search