Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    specialk69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 01:25 AM
    What should I do next about the guy at work that made the first move?
    This guy at my work told me that he was interested in me since he first saw me. I had no idea and never noticed anything. He mentioned about a time when he came to fix my computer that he was looking down my shirt. He even told me he went home one day and fantasized about me. I am in my 40's and him in his 20's. He told me he likes older woman.

One day I drove him home and we hit it off great, I felt an attraction to him in many ways. We went out 3 times, and slept together, this part is very intense for the both of us, we loved it the same. Since then he won't say much to me unless I say something first. Won't text unless I text first. So I quit texting him, but he always makes it a point to walk across the room and from the corner of my eye I catch him looking my way, or he will make it a point to talk to someone who is near me but won't say anything to me. Its driving me crazy.

What do I do? I don't fall for guys easy but he is an exception, and I feel something different when we were together like a connection, its hard to explain. Have never felt quite this way before.

Please someone give me some advise!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 02:17 AM
    Reading between the lines, special, I can see that he has got what he wanted and doesn't want anymore. Your are 40 and he is 20; that means you are old enough to be his parent basically. Does that change the picture for you once you see it in print. It certainly would bring me up short no matter how good he made me feel !

My advice is, forget this one, I don't think it is going anywhere especially when he has broken off contact with you.

The downside is, you are both in the same office, have to work together and do your job properly without worrying about what this young person is thinking and doing.

Tick
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 08:20 AM
    Being with a co-worker is always risky for the exact reasons that you provided with us.

Unless you're willing to be serious with each other, it's best to keep a colleague relationship so as to not complicate things.

If it's bothering you so much, I suggest you try to clear the air with him so that you don't have so many questions marks in your mind.

Get some answers and move on!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2011, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by specialk69 View Post
    Please someone give me some advise!
    Hello special:

He's 20, barely out of his teens... Of course, he doesn't know how to BE adult in your relationship, because he's NOT really an adult. So, if you're going to continue the relationship, you have to be a lover AND the responsible adult.

excon
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post

So, if you're going to continue the relationship, you have to be a lover AND the responsible adult.
    No, it will end up whereby she has to a lover a mom at the same time. I know that sounds really wrong, but that is what I think about this relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
    Ask yourself why you fell for the young boys BS, and why you can't control yourself now that you know he got what he was after, and is looking for something else.

Fool me once..!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 05:18 PM
    You are a booty call, you want a boyfriend, you have to decide if what you want, and talk to him about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the guy like me and if so should I make a move? [ 6 Answers ]

What signs he's shown so far,. 1.)we talked for a few seconds until he left from the pool area so after he did I sat in a 2seater chair and soon enough 5 min. later he asked to sit by me.(I said yes) 2.) as soon as he sat he asked my age.(I am two years younger) 3.)he toutched my shoulder for...

Jealousy made my fiancé move out. Together for 8 years, and engaged 5 months ago. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I've read all the similar posts.. and basically I do understand what I need to do and I'm hoping Im doing the right thing.. Anyway, my fiancée and I have been together for over 8 years.. this past January, we got engaged and she said yes to marry me.. Anyway, a history about us.. she...

How do I tell my boyfriend that another guy made me have sex with him? [ 15 Answers ]

I was hangout with bunch girls at one of the girls house. She had a brother. Well he was not around. I found out he was in his room after but we did not know that. We were all hangout watching movies everyone new we all have boyfriends. We like to talk about that stuff with each other. Well I asked...

Can anyone tell me the name of this move that was made sometime in the 1980's,I think [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm not quite sure when it was made. What I do remember about the movie is its about a lady who is accidentally sent a child, which was a boy, who was delivered to her in a large container. The boy was meant to be adopted by some parents but the factory where he was made at sent him to the...

View more questions Search