Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnimeFreak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2011, 03:00 PM
    How to lose weight and slim down?
    Hi everyone, I want to lose weight and I need some tips. One thing I want to clarify is that I want to LOSE weight, NOT tone-up and build muscles. My problem areas are my: arms, tummy, legs, and bottom (which pretty much add up to my whole body, lol). I'm not expecting a stick thin body (which isn't healthy) I'm hoping to slim down my arms and legs a lot, get a smaller bottom, and, most importantly, have a flat tummy. I've always wanted a flat tummy but I don't know how to get one. I already know that it's pretty much impossible to lose weight in specific areas without building muscle. So can anyone just give my tips to achieve the body I want. Please be specific and give me a lot of details, and don't suggest any pills, drinks, or products for weight loss because first of all I'm only 13 (I'm a girl, lol I don't know if that helps), and secondly I hate those kinds of unnatural products. Thanks in advance =)
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Probably the biggest tip I can give you is to cut out sugary drinks from your diet completely. Often the weight just comes right off when people begin to do this. When you think about it, hundreds sometimes even thousands of empty calories each day come just from what we drink. My dad has given this advice to a ton of people who wanted to lose weight and it has worked without fail. Being conscious of the amount you are eating can help a lot too. Whenever I feel like I'm gaining weight, I just eat a little bit less at each meal which will ensure you are not consuming more calories you are using, especially if you don't work out.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2011, 03:52 PM
    Sugar is thy enemy! Sugar in all of its forms, including simple carbs, sugary drinks, snacks, candy, etc. I'm not talking about the Atkinson diet, I am talking about watching what goes into your body, as salamander5 noted.

You say that you only like natural things, so drink filtered water all day, no soda, no sugary drinks. Eat whole, fresh veggies and fruits several times a day, lean meats, and cut out things like pizza and fried foods and giant sandwiches with huge buns and rolls.

Simply walking for 15 to 30 minutes a day could help as well. Walk with a bottle of water.
    lizder87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Well, I can tell you that the most effective way to burn calories is to combine cardio and strength training. You may build some muscle, but you're not going to get super bulky unless you're actually consuming more calories than you are burning. Don't be afraid to build a few muscles... lean muscle is what will boost your metabolism.

With that being said, I would focus on circuit training as your main workout. You'll be rotating strength and cardio into one workout. For a good introduction, try Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout DVD which is 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs... repeated 3 times for a total of 20 minutes. Short workout, so it's great if you're super busy, but very effective. Trust me on that!

I also agree with the statements above about sugar. Be careful not to "drink" your calories. You could be eating all the right foods, but then drinking sugary drinks, which some people tend to forget about and not count in their diet. Liquid calories count just as much as those you have to chew. Even diet sodas are terrible for you!

Hope some of this helps. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Weight lose [ 1 Answers ]

I want to lose 20 kg in 3 months please sugest me exercise without equipment. I am 23 and my height is 5 feet

My rotte is looks very slim what I can feed to gain weight? [ 2 Answers ]

My rotte is looks very slim what I can feed to gain weight?

Will I lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I do a 45 min run everyday and on a good food diet I do just about 7 miles in 45 and I'm 6ft 1 and 14 stone

I want to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

My name is FrOsT_BiTe, But you can call me chaz. I have a serious problem about my weight issue. I walk every day to and from school (1.5 hours a day of exercise), I walk up an extremely big mountain every second day (40 minutes of walking around it) and I play tennis every Friday (3:00pm till...

View more questions Search