Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael1980 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2011, 01:11 PM
    Blacklisted in UAE, but can I take a loan?
    Hi, I have been in UAE for 6 years, I've had 5 police cases and I went to jail for less than 1 month and got out because I paid all the banks.

I applied for a credit card from Citibank but the bank told me that the Citibank system declined my application, does that mean I'm blacklisted? How can I find out?

Also, is it true that some banks in the UAE know if a person is blacklisted and some others don't?

Appreciate your kind and prompt reply.

Thank you

Michael
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Could be from references.
    A new Employer may not want to hire someone with 6 Police cases in 5 years, They might hire someone with less Police actions?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2011, 01:21 PM
    If you were in jail for bank fraud (I inferred this from your question), you will have a VERY hard time getting loans. You are a high risk customer, and blacklisted or not, banks do share information about customers who screw them. This is why you can't get a checking account at bank A, when you have overdrawn you account and bounced several checks at bank B. What you did goes into a database.

Aug 23, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Hi Stratmando,

I did not apply for a job, I applied for a credit card from City bank and the bank declined my application.

Note that I don't have any police cases at the moment since I closed all of them

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

M

Aug 23, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Hi Kcomissiong,

It was not for bank fraud, I couldn't pay my previous credit cards because I was out of job, then again I paid everything and got out.

Weird thing is that 20 days ago, I was able to get a small loan from another bank and today City bank declined my application, what do you think?

Thanks,

M
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 23, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Each bank sets its own loan and card standards, you did not meet City Banks standards but that does not mean you are blacklisted, there is no blacklist only your history and credit score. What is your credit score BTW?

Aug 23, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Hi Ballengerb,

I do not know since they did not share any extra info with me, I am assuming I would have a good score since I high a high salary.

Can you please elaborate a bit more about the banks standard, like what do you mean? Is it connected to the central bank?

Thank you for the hope:)

Cheers,

Tarek
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 23, 2011, 05:01 PM
    You need to get hooked up with some credit reporting. Your salary has little to do with your credit. If you make a million a year and pay everything cash you would likely have a very poor credit score. Credit Report and Credit History | Credit Report
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2011, 06:21 AM
    Its not how much money you make, its how reliable you are in paying it back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blacklisted in banks uae? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi , its really a serious matter , please I need anyone to guide me , This is the matter about car loan , I have taken a car loan , but due to some problem , I'm not able to give the loan , now I'm the defaulter in a bank , bank has complained against me to police and in court . My family is...

Blacklisted in Dubai, UAE? [ 0 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to know , is there any way that a person can check online if she/he is blacklisted in Dubai, UAE? Thanks in advance. Regards, Sai

Who can help blacklisted in uae? [ 2 Answers ]

After 1 year working in UAE, I've been deported because they found that I had syphilis. 2 months after there is a new law stating that who is positive in syphilis may qualified to stay in the country but must undergo treatment. My question, is there any possibilities for me to go back to uae now...

View more questions Search