Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wellington4all Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2011, 12:32 PM
    How can you convince someone who doesn't believe in eternity?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2011, 12:35 PM
    You are talking about believing in a life after death?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 23, 2011, 12:44 PM
    There are many roads to go down for that discussion. For the Christian view you should probably start with reasons to believe God exists... the eternity part will go hand in hand with that one. What exactly are you trying to prove... just an after life exists or are you trying to convince this person of a certain religion?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2011, 01:03 PM
    Please come back and define what you mean, to have a discussion on this.

First what is your belief, who are you trying to convince, and why are you wanting to.

Eternity, is merely no end time, and how can time stop ? Things start, things end, The sun we are under will end, but other suns are being created, so things or time never ends, that is merely a constant, so what eternity do you wish to talk about
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Aug 24, 2011, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wellington4all View Post
    To start with it is necessary that whoever you have in mind DOES believe in one God, that is we are not dealing with atheists.

If he/she do believe in some sort of Supreme Creator it is possible that his/her religion establishes that eternity is where we are all headed as a prize or as a punishment.

Still, trying to explain "eternity" is impossible for us, stupid human beings.

Our limited brain is not able to assimilate the concept of "eternity" in its true dimension. All we are able to say is that eternity means it lasts forever.

But that is just a part of the explanation.

The difficult part to assimilate comes when we try to understand that eternity really implies that time does not exist

Eternity implies there is no beginning and no end; no yesterday and no tomorrow. Now is before, later on and always, at the same time.

The estimated age of our known Universe (some 20 billion years) means absolutely nothing in front of eternity.

If you or your friends are, therefore, able to consider that the Creator existed ALWAYS then, perhaps, you will be able to start realizing that to explain the eternity you must first believe in a Creator...

Gromitt82
    I
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2011, 10:33 PM
    Q:How can you convince someone who doesn't believe in eternity?

A:Send them there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to convince someone. [ 3 Answers ]

This is making my blood boil. An old 'friend' of mine on Facebook just made this status message: " Can't Wait To Get A Male PUg >>> Then i Will Be Making MOney Can't Wait" :mad::mad::mad::mad: Yeah. I'm trying to talk her out of it, but it isn't working. "I know what i an doing i have done...

He's been sentenced to live outside.ALL ALONE till eternity [ 19 Answers ]

So I have these horrid neighbors that tie their dog to a dog house in their yard. The dog LIVES there. He's bound to the doggy house and I often see the dog resting on the roof of the little house, (it's flat). He never goes inside and sometimes the owners go out and visit him. He looks so sad and...

Convince the father [ 9 Answers ]

Im 5 mo pregnant and the father thinks its not his ,how can I convince him that it is?:confused:

View more questions Search