Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angelthriller22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 12:29 PM
    Girlfriend problem ( I THINK ) help me figure this out...
    Okay here is my story. I'm currently studying marketing, and recently met the most amazing girl when I was out one night. We have been dating for two months now, and we've gotten to know one another a lot.

She has this friend that she has known for a very long time, but he was sent to jail a couple of years ago. She talks about him a lot, and when we see one another he always comes up. I understand he is just a friend, BUT when the story broke out in the newspapers a few years back, the press labeled them as a "couple" which she denies.

I did a bit of psychology a while back and can pick up on eye cues, body language etc, and I can see by the way her face lights up when she talks about him, he might be more than just friends. I'm not jealous, and haven't confronted her about this yet, because that's not what I do... She either likes me, or she doesn't .

MY question has to be, what questions I can ask without rising suspicion to find out if she likes him?? Please, help me out. Thanks.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 12:43 PM
    I had to merge your posts because it was too confusing. It should make more sense now

Trust her. Trust that if she wants to be with you, she will not do something to jepordize what she has with you.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 01:25 PM
    I think you may be misinterpreting her non-verbal clues. Sometimes, people 'light up' when talking about very close friends. I know I do because the thought of them brings good memories to mind even when talking about the bad times.

Your relationship is new and you are learning how each other communicates verbally and non-verbally. If you are confused about what she is saying, ask for clarification. Once she gives you that clarification, accept it. If you don't then you are in a way saying you don't trust her to tell you the truth.

She has told you they are only friends by denying the news report (news papers do get relationships wrong all the time.) You either accept that or move on. There is no reason to dig any deeper. To do so says you may be a bit more jealous than you want to admit.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Two months is a bit soon to be playing these kinds of games with someone. She is dating you, so you either trust her, or you don't. I mean, there is much more to learn about this person, much, much more.

I wouldn't date someone I didn't/couldn't trust. I would simply ask when he came up, where you close to him, did you date? NO GAMES, and never assume, or PRESUME.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 06:45 PM
    Why are you creating this turmoil in your head. If the newspapers said something like couple, it might have just meant "two" people. Not that they were or are romantically involved. You have dated this girl for 2 months and are already starting with so much bull, consider if you want to continue. If you decide to do this put your Sherlock Holmes to sleep and enjoy your time with your girlfriend, if you can't then... what is the point?

Good Luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Still can't figure out polarity problem in barn... [ 19 Answers ]

I posted a while ago about getting a reversed polarity reading in two barns I have. The wired come in through the first barn, through a junction box, and to a 20 AMP switch that feeds the other barn, with some outlets and lights here and there. It is a mix #12 awg and #10 awg wiring, on a 30 amp...

What does it mean when your girlfriend says she needs to figure out who she is ? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello I have been dating a girl that I absolutely love for 2 years.Everything was great until about 9 months ago.She started to be busy and I knew it was because of school and work.So things got better and we spent more time and then issues arose with intimacy.We would be intimate and she just...

Girlfriend said she needs time to figure things out! [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 2 years now. We haven't been intimate in awhile... almost 3 months... about 4 days ago we decided to take a short break because she wants to live her life freely, and doesn't want to be "married" at the age of 18... completely understandable, right?. ...

View more questions Search