Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mashynka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2003, 01:39 PM
    Gossip
    I work with a bunch of gossipy, backstabbing women and they always seem to pick on me. I just want to be left alone to do my job. They are downright ugly people and I don't know what to do because I'm outnumbered. So how do I put this to an end?
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2003, 10:55 PM
    Re: gossip
    mashynka, so what if you are "outnumbered"? The women should know better; shame on them.

Well, have you discussed this with your immediate supervisor, manager, or their manager?
    Since their gossiping really distracts and disrupts your work, discussing with your manager or manager's manager is your best recourse. Then go through the chain of command accordingly if your supervisor or manager does nothing about it after several days you reported it.

Also, fill out a formal department statement or report and send it to your manager, director, and your company's union service or internal service department (if you have one). Clearly, the women are violating your rights to work and the company's policies such as HIPPA and JACCHO standards, and that you feel offended by what they are doing.

The same situation happened to me, and I promptly reported it to my supervisor, manager, and union representative. Yep, that got them to shut up for good, and if I ever reported it again, they get fired. Easy as that. :D ::)
    Tyesmoon Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jan 29, 2004, 09:53 PM
    Don't know if you have handled this or not, but here's my suggestion.

Ignore it, don't partake in it, and let them gang up on you. People who do this have an inferiority complex, and are usually trying to cover their own flaws by picking on someone else. Take the high road. In life, you will come across many people who will wrong you, but it can only hurt you or interfere with you if you allow it to. You can't control what other people do, you can only control your response to it. In addition, if it isn't something serious or truly harmful, let it go. Don't report it, because it will only make them more against you if they get reprimanded. As my mother taught me at a young age, the best revenge is living right. Don't give them anything to gossip about, and don't partake to feel like part of the crew. Eventually, they will realize that it doesn't phase you, and if they are targeting you they will stop because it isn't effective.
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 22, 2004, 06:55 PM
    Hello there Best way to handle gossip is to not feed into it. JUST don't pay them any attention. They are just jealous. There life is a mess and they want to mess your up. Keep your head up and show them who the better woman is. Good luck take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search