Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KforKaylax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Knee problem
    The other day I had gone to sit down and my knee poped. I felt a lot of pain when going to get up or walk up and down stairs, I almost felt like I would pass out. I was at my high school at the time and only had two more blocks left, not wanting to have to walk across the whole school for the nurse I just beared the pain.
    Later that night I went to the ER considering my knee had swelled to what looked about double almost, they told me to ace bandage it and see my orthopeadist.
    I'm going tomorrow (three days after this problem) but I was wondering if anyone knew any therapy I might be able to start doing to help this pain.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 06:07 PM
    The kind of therapy you need will have to be tailored to your individual injury.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Alternate cold and hot presses is always the thing my Dr. tell me to do for the pain, after you get the swelling down with Ice packs.
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Depending on the knee injury you will need to build up the muscles all around. Your quads, calfs, hamstring, etc. I tore both of my ACLs while I was in high school and if it deals with your knee then you have to strengthen the muscles to support the knee.
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Oh and do not heat it if it's swollen... Heat is good for muscles to relax, not for your joints when they are sore or swollen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black knee with pimples [ 4 Answers ]

I have a black knees with pimples. If I stand up straight(knee is folded), the black knee will become visible but if I don't, it won't really appear. I really need a treatment right away because in less than 9 days I'll have wear skirt because I'll be volunteering in some kind of marching band....

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 7 weeks into a knee injury. I fell from 3 feet up on top of a wood bench going through the seating part catching my leg in the frame clipping my knee just below the kneecap and hyper extending as I rolled at the same time. I had a mri and x-rays at 4 weeks and was told that the lcl and meniscus...

Knee won't scab over [ 1 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

Knee won't scab over [ 2 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

View more questions Search