Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KarlCarl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2011, 11:05 AM
    How can I wire 2 lights controlled by a single switch with the power to the switch?
    Need a wiring diagram showing how to wire 2 lights controlled by a single switch where the power comes in to the switch box.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 21, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Wish I could "paint" that good. Perfect example!
    flexxtx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2014, 05:08 PM
    What if the switch has 3 leads (rotary switch)? Leads are black, blue, red
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 25, 2014, 06:18 PM
    What kind of switch is it. A single pole switch should not have leads like that. Sounds like you are using a 3-way switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a single pole switch to a single grounded receptacle? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 15amp single pole light switches that have just 2 brass screws and a green grounding screw on them and I have 4 15amp 125v grounded single receptacles that I want to wire up for my light switches to operate 4 sets of fluorescent lamps which already have plugs on them and one that has a...

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power and 12-2 to lights [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power wire source and 12-2 to between the 6 lights and then using 12-2 witing to the single pole switch?--need your help please

How to Wire a Split Receptacle Controlled by a Switch [ 2 Answers ]

How to Wire a Split Receptacle Controlled by a Switch

Switch controlled outlet to constant power [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electrical outlet in living room which has top half controlled by switch and bottom half has constant power. The switch controls 4 other outlets in the room in the same fashion. I would like to make this outlet have constant power to the top and bottom. Is this an easy fix?

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

View more questions Search