Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ringtail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2011, 08:50 AM
    2007 f250 6.0 diesel starting problem
    At times trying to start my f250 ford 6.0 diesel the truck makes a clicking noise like the starter is froze up . Since then I hove changed the starter and had the batters checked and the problem still exist.has anyone had this problem or have any ideas
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2011, 12:04 PM
    I would remove and fullly charge each battery, which most auto parts stores will do for free. Check the fluid level. Clean the battery terminals and cable connections. Afterwards, ensure all connections are tight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2007 ford f250 diesel cranks but won't start.starts eventually but runs slugishly [ 2 Answers ]

f250,2007,6.0 diesel, 42,000 mi. On three occasions in the last 30 days my truck won't start when warm. It cranks fine but engine won't catch, eventually it will start but this last time it ran sluggishly as if the timing isn't advancing. The problem seems to me to be electrical in nature,perhaps a...

2007 ford f250 diesel engine problems [ 2 Answers ]

I traded my 99 f-250 7.3 diesel in for a 2007 f250 6.0. According to my cousin that work in the oil fields, I made a big mistake. The 7.3 is much sought after and I could have gotten more money out of it. Too late. The 2007 had 54k miles on it and the first morning, the cold start was terrible. It...

2007 Ford F250 Powerstroke Starting Problems [ 5 Answers ]

We just had our fuel filters changed on our 2007 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Since then twice it would start, but not stay started. I used the "heet" diesel drier in the tank, and it started up for me two days ago. Then today (on the same tank of gas) it did the same thing a couple times. Then about...

Ford f250 diesel problem [ 0 Answers ]

My 2003 6.0 diesel is getting some kind of power surge. Ill be driving along and all of a sudden its like I give it more throttle... just wants to accelerate on its own. It doesn't constantly do it. It may do it then 25 or 30 miles later it will do it again. Was wondering what would cause something...

2001 F250 diesel hard starting [ 1 Answers ]

My F250 diesel is hard starting when it sits overnight in cold weather. The glow plug (wait to start) light comes on for about 10 sec. but doesn't stay on as long as it did before this started to happen. I'm thinking glow plugs maybe. How is the best way to check the plugs out short of replacing...

View more questions Search