Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cklpinto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2011, 09:31 AM
    Cover box for verizon NID?
    Water always gets inside my Verizon NID box after a heavy rainfall and my fios service does not work. Verizon keeps on changing the box but quite frankly I think I need to waterproof the NID box. Does anyone know where I can buy a box to cover this Verizon NID box so it doesn't get wet?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 2, 2011, 01:26 PM
    I used to work at AT&T where we designed NID boxes. Unfortunately back in those days Bell Atlantic (now Verizon) went with a competitor's box (Keptel, if memory serves) instead of ours.

The box is designed to keep normal rain water out, but it's not water proof - if it's sitting in a puddle of water then water will definitely get in. Do you know how the water is getting in? Assuming the NID is sufficiently above grade so as to not acually end up in standing water my suggestion would be to fashion some sort of protective shroud or covering for it to divert rain. But you're never going to get it totally water proof.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2011, 04:36 PM
    I bet they have old ones in their dumpster. I used to dumpster dive at the Local Cable company and get old boxes, cables, filters.
    I would ask one of the local repairmen, or installer on the street, may be able to direct you easier than the voice prompts on getting a replacement cover?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector Box Cover [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a collector box cover for an old Heil Quaker Furnace. Around mid 1980's I believe. The one I have has some cracks in it and is rusting out. Model: NULK050MF01 Serial: H651 78594 50,000 BTU

Junction box cover plate [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought some 4” square junction box cover plates, made by Raco. As I was installing them I noticed one side was stamped (into the metal) “underside”. Never seen this before. Is this something new? Am I missing something here, or is this just possibly part of the manufacturing process? ...

Nid box wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Nid Box, how do you wire up the ones from the phone line for computer; inside the box Tom

Junction box as a cover? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a junction box currently that I need to add wiring to. It has the opening and internal clamps to add two more wires but this would put the box over its legal limit of wires in the box. The box is in a location that can be gotten at without removing any part of the building. The box is...

View more questions Search