Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zanderbaxa Posts: 62, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 02:10 AM
    Is the extent of our universe really fourteen billion years from us?
    The light we measure from the most distant object has traveled fourteen billion years. For the light to have traveled that far, the object had to be at that distance from us. While the light traveled to us, the object also receded from us another fourteen billion years. That would make it at least twenty eight billion years from us, assuming there was no acceleration applied to the object. Hubble said that the farther an object is the faster it recedes. That makes it accelerate from us. Thusly, making the object approximately thirty billion years from us.
    Another possibility is that the light traveled to us via a geodesic in space (e.g. looking twenty thousand mile east, along the surface of the Earth, we may see Hawaii; but the extent of the Earth is eight thousand miles). In eithrt case, the extent of our universe is not fourteen billion years.
    The light we see would not have the markers of heavy metals; because the light is from the plasma of a protostar, millions of years before fusion. I do not think we will see light from the star, due to the longevity of the human species!

Check out some similar questions!

Fourteen years pain can't fine a cure. [ 0 Answers ]

For years I have experience terrible waist pain,it either starts from my left or right side.it starts as a sesention,as the pain goes around my entire waist line,that is from either side to my navel line,going entirely round my back,it then grips me and becomes very very painful.this pain sometimes...

What has been the dominant geological process on Venus for the last billion years? Wh [ 1 Answers ]

What has been the dominant geological process on Venus for the last billion years? What is the dominant rock type found on the surface due to this geological process?

To what extent do we exist by chance? [ 16 Answers ]

Many scientists believe all life, including that of human beings, has developed solely as the result of random mutations and natural selection. Do you believe this is an adequate explanation?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.