Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Aug 18, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Is it possible my peppers are flowering?
    I am growing ghost peppers (bhut jolokia). They are only about a foot tall, but bushy. At the very top and ends of the branches, it appears they are beginning to flower. Is this possible with them only being about a foot tall? They seem so small. If anyone has ever grown these, please relate your experiences with this pepper!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 18, 2011, 08:08 PM
    It's possible and quite normal. Mine are only about 2 feet tall and some of the peppers are ready to harvest already.
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Thanks. About how long from now (the buds of flowers just beginning) till near mature fruits? Just approximate based on your experience!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Mine took about a month from flowering to mature fruit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you identify this flowering plant? [ 3 Answers ]

This plant is growing right beside my house. I thought it was some kind of weed at first but I decided to let it grow because it looked like it may flower, and it did. I have no clue what it is, and it wasn't there last summer, so I have no clue how it got there. Just wondering what it is, if...

Identifying a Flowering Plant [ 6 Answers ]

Does any one know what this plant is? I think it's in the Liliaceae Family. I found it in northeast Oregon. It was on a ridgetop with hundreds of others like it. I don't have a fresh one. Picasa Web Albums - TJB - Purple Liliaceae

Aristocrat flowering pear tree [ 1 Answers ]

Does the aristocrat flowering pear tree produce fruit, if so is it tasty? Thanks Jb

Roses Not Flowering [ 1 Answers ]

3 months ago i planted some roses. They have only just started to shoot new leaves, and are extremely slow coming out. Some of the older leaves are yellowing. When i bought them, they all had a lovely show of roses and once they died, they have not come back. What can i do to help them...

View more questions Search