Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garrickjess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2011, 09:27 AM
    I live in New Mexico, must I give boyfriend 30 days to move from my home.
    It is my home, my name on mortgage, ALL utilities and etc are in my name, he pays about $500/mo to "help" that is all. No formal written agreement between us. I want him out as soon as possible.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 18, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Since he has paid monthly to "help" he is considered a tenant under NM law and you have to give him 30 days written notice that his tenancy is terminated and he must move out. If he doesn't move out within that time then you can file a lawsuit for eviction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2011, 11:26 AM
    Yes you do, and if he does not move out within that time frame, you take him to court, it can take 6 to 8 weeks to phsycially get him out if he will not move when told. 4 week notice and then time to get into court and time after court for marshalls to come out and move him.

You of course have no obligation to share you bed with him,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 5 days the right amount of days I have to move my mobile home if I own it [ 2 Answers ]

I own my mobile home and rent a lot space i lost my job and filed for unemployment but they denyed me causeing me to borrow money from my family they have their own bills and can't help me out this time i informed my landlord he was very ugly and told me that is allowing me 5 days to move my...

Can a landlord give a tenant 30 days to move or does it have to be 60 days notice? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have lost my house in Florida and would like to move back to California and live in my rental duplex. But there's current a tenant in there right now and he have been there for about 1 1/2 years. He have been late on his rent for the past 6 months already. So how many days of notice do I...

Can I give my live in boyfriend a 30 day notice? [ 2 Answers ]

He has lived in the home for 2 1/2 years and does not pay a dime.

Can I move out of my house now. Days of notice to give [ 3 Answers ]

I have a residential lease from October 29, 2008 to Oct 29 2009. Landlord lives out of the country. I have continued to pay the rent monthly. There is an addendum to the contract that says that I should notify my intention of vacate 45 days before lease expiration. Also add. Says that landlord and...

View more questions Search